"And Panda's the directors favorite, so he should be there too." she says.

"I see." Okkotsu replies.

Maki raises a brow at the boy who obviously wanted to know more.

"You're curious, right?" she speaks, "Why he called me a failure."

Okkotsu sweatdrops, "No.. I mean, yes.."

Y/N, from outside the room, softly scoffs. They wonder if Maki would tell him what he wanted to hear. Her past and relationship with her family isn't really the best..

"My family.. The Zen'in clan. They're part of a group of elite league of jujutsu sorcerers called the three clans." Maki turns to Okkotsu.

"You. Do you know what the minimum requirement is for someone to be a sorcerer?" she ask.

Of course he doesn't know.

"Uhm.. What would it be?"

Maki then takes off her glasses, "It's seeing curses. Even a common person can see them in special conditions such as being near death, but.."

She looks at the item she's holding, gaze gentle. These are the same lenses that has been a huge help during battles. The glasses that has never failed to let her see what sorcerers could.

"..If i don't have these lame glasses, i can't see curses. My cursed tools all already have cursed energy imbued into them, so it's not like i do anything to them."

Okkotsu sat there, listening to the girl. If Maki's unable to see the creatures that she has to exorcise, then she must've had it rough when she didn't have those glasses.

"That's why i had to leave home!" she says, putting her glasses back on, "The food was bad, my room was small, some old men i didn't know loitered around."

"It was the absolute worst!"

A small smile appears on Y/N's lips. That was only part of the reason why Maki had left her clan. Though Okkotsu didn't need to know the entire story yet.

Then it clicked for the boy.

'Don't call me by my last name.'

'Don't ask me about cursed energy.'

'I don't have a resistance to curses like you.'

So that's why she's been refusing those things for the past months; it wasn't because Maki's being rude and didn't want to help him, but she doesn't know how to help him. Okkotsu then decides to ask the girl a question.

"How come you're still a jujutsu sorcerer, Maki?" he asks.

"Because my personality's bad." she smiles, "I wanna go back home as a first class jujutsu sorcerer and make everyone at home cry their faces out."

"And then i'll destroy the Zen'in clan from the inside.."

"..What?"

She stops, seeing Okkotsu attempting to stop his laughter. What even is funny about her story, huh?

For Okkotsu, that's actually admirable-Maki has a goal in mind, and though she doesn't have eyes that can see curses like the other students do, she's still capable of kicking ass. It's like lacking the basic thing a sorcerer needs to have fuels her motivation to become even more stronger.