Chapter 3: Our Special Place

"You came." I beamed.

"Do you really think I'd miss the chance to be with the one and only Alison Rain?" The boy replied.

I smiled shyly at him, gazing up at his hazel eyes.

The summer heat glimmered down on us, causing my cheeks to redden and my skin to glow.

"Come on, I have to show you something." He whispered, tucking my blonde locks behind my ear.

He reached down for my hand, dragging me along with him.

"Where are we going?" I giggled from the thrill. We were breaking the rules, nobody was ever meant to leave the border - where the boy was seemingly taking me. It was punishable by death, we both knew that, but we didn't care. Nothing mattered, apart from us. The world was standing still but we were still spinning.

"It's a secret, Alison Magdelena! Trust me!" He exclaimed, pulling me further into the unknown. He placed his free hand over my eyes, luring me into a sea of darkness.

Trusting him fully, I let him lead me. The textures beneath my feet soon turned from crackly gravel from the back of his vast gardens, to soft, springy grass.

"We're here..." He whispered into my ear, releasing his hand from my eyes.

My breath caught as I saw the beauty in front of me, luscious green pine trees dusted with sunshine, a sparkling waterfall tumbling down into a clear blue lake bordered with crisp grass which was dusted with flowers all colours of the rainbow.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

"I knew you'd like it." He replied.

I glanced up at him, his tall muscular figure grinning down at me, his angular jaw line clenched with the surprise of the new surroundings.

I laughed breathily, "Where the hell are we?"

"Does it matter?" He chuckled. "Let go, Alison Magdelena, have some fun!"

The boy rips off his navy blue shirt and plunges into the pool of water, revealing his muscular body hidden by lightly tanned skin.

I watched him for a moment before pulling off my own shirt, leaving me only in my black bra.

He raised an eyebrow at me, a grin creeping up on his face.

"Never did I ever think I'd ever see my family's maid letting loose." He laughed.

I shrugged, "I took your advice."

Plunging into the cool waters, I shrieked at the sudden change of temperature. My bare feet hit the sandy seabed and I let them wiggle around in the new softness.

"How did you find this place?" I breathed.

"On one of my spontaneous adventures." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Seriosuly, how can you find such beauty in a world of such darkness?"

He looked at me for a while before replying, "If you want to get away from the darkness you have to find the light, Alison Magdelena."

Not replying, I lay back onto the waters, letting it take my weight. I look up at the few swirling clouds in the bright blue sky, before I am pulled back up into a standing position.

The boy stood in front of me, his biceps wrapped around me, a look of desperation painted on his face.

Taken by surprise, his lips collide with mine. For a moment I was in utter shock, before I relaxed into him letting my lips kiss him back. Sparks seemed to fly all around us, my stomach jumping every time he touched me.

When we pulled away we were both out of breath. His mouth turned upwards as he leant his forehead against mine.

"You are my light, Alison." He whispers.

"As you are mine, Malachai."

A/N: So here is the promised flashback chapter, sorry for the wait and that it's not that long! I've been quite busy but now I'm off school so I will have more time to write! This might not make a lot of sense right now but as I write more flashbacks it will hopefully all piece together.