She reached out to grab the enemy and felt a bun at the back of the persons head, good, this wasn't her own team then.  She used her knife and poked it in every direction ahead of her, it was absolute chaos.

Screams and groans could be heard everywhere, the sound of people being stabbed would haunt them for the rest of their lives. 

She thought it was going good until she felt a sharp object being implanted into her thigh, she let out a muffled cry but got on with trying to defend herself and her team.

"Retreat!" The Sargent yelled again, but everyone was fighting to stay alive here, so they ignored him for a second time.

No one was actually focused on anything else other than trying to stay alive, so when someone flashed their torch amongst them all, they paid no attention to it. 

Ella had the fright of her life when she felt two hands pulling her away from the enemy she was attacking, she was pulled backwards into someone's chest, a hand was placed over her mouth and it was safe to say her flight or fight mode kicked in, she had no idea as to who it was.

She tried to fight them off thinking it was someone from the enemies team but the person who had ahold of her wasn't letting go.

"El, calm down, it's me..." jay kept his hand over her mouth but whispered into her ear so no one would hear other than herself.

At the sound of his voice she instantly relaxed and stopped fighting his grip, once he was sure that she knew it was him, he removed his hand from over her mouth and held onto her vest instead, its always safer to stay up against the wall until they could slowly make their way back to land than keep fighting.

"C'mon..." he whispered and grabbed her hand.  She clung onto him and used his arm as a support system since she was in a lot of pain and couldn't really walk, but they pushed through it and eventually made their way back to ground level where the remaining members of the stood.

"Halstead, Watson, get Crawford to med bay" the Sargent took note of the blood gushing out of Ellas leg.

"C'mere" jay picked her up, it was harder to pick her up when they're in gear.  His own vest was weighing him down and ellas vest was heavy too, not to mention his own injuries.

He passed her over to a medic before he was forced to leave the bay, god his minds all over the place.  Where's mouse? Is she gonna be okay? Will she be sent home on medical leave? Did anyone die? It was all setting in.

"Jay, jay?!" Mouse tan out of the tunnel covered in blood. Jay looked up and threw his head back in relief.

"Where's el? Jay, c'mon where's el?" Mouse panicked.

"She's in med bay, I think she's okay, she took a shank to the leg" jay placed both hands on his shoulders.

"What's happening?" He added and pointed to the tunnel entrance.

"Uh, 2 of ours are dead but I think the others got the runt. There was at least 10 bodies down, I don't know exactly how many hurt though..." mouse shook his head.

Everyone was in utter shock...

...

"Jay" Will stepped in front of his brother, snapping him out of his train of thought.

"Is she okay?" Mouse stood up, jay had only just snapped back into reality.

"She's fine, it was a kind of paralytic, probably in powder form so she didn't see it. She's sleeping her meds off now but she'll be home in an hour or two" Will smiled at the pair.

The visual relief showed clearly on the units face.

"No injuries?" Jay asked the question he was dreading to hear the answer to.

"No, just a few scratches" Will smiled reassuringly.

"You can see her if you like, but she is sleeping so only a few at a time" he added. 

Hank looked at both jay and mouse, they're the closest to her, it's only fair they go first. 

"You two" he waved them off. 

Both boys smiled thankfully and nodded then followed the red head down the ED and towards ellas room.

"Is she out out, like, can she not hear us?" Jay stopped his brother before following mouse into her room.

"Well she's just resting, she'll probably wake up when you start talking man, it's not a coma" Will laughed slightly.

"Oh" the brunette nodded thankfully. Will squeezed his shoulder before leaving him to go see Ella.

Mouse smiled as Ella woke up when they entered the room.

"Well this is a downgrade..." she pointed to the hospital robe she now has on compared to the dress she had on earlier.

Jay laughed as did mouse.

"How you feeling?" Mouse sighed in relief.

"Fine" she shrugged.

"See? Again, 'fine', I'm gonna get that tattooed on your forehead" he nudged her arm. Jay smiled, but he's not wrong, she likes to keep her walls built high, even for them.

"Did you get Jackson?" She looked up at her partner.

"Yeah, hank took care of him" he smiled back.  She nodded thankfully before sighing.  God this has got to be one of the worst UC's she's ever done.