🦋52. It was all for her🦋

Start from the beginning

"Shouldn't I be? I mean, you don't want me to be human. You don't want any of us to be human. Why would you help us find the cure?"

"Maybe I finally realized the longer I stand in the way of what you want, the longer you'll continue to hate me. Perhaps I want my sister to finally know happiness."

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me a hundred times--"

"No more fooling. No more games. I hope you get to live, and die, as you wish." I looked at him confused. He literally just told me quite the opposite.

"So do I." I could hear the happiness in her voice.

"There is one more thing, Rebekah." Caroline and Tyler look up; I began to speak quickly. " There is only one dose of the cure. You need to find it first and take it. It's the only way you'll--" Tyler rushes to end the call and they both glare at me. "Oops." I place and finger over my lips and skip over to the couch and have a seat crossing my legs.

~Time Skip~

Klaus is sitting in an armchair and I was trying to fall asleep on the couch. The front door opens and Caroline walks in. She's the opposite of aggressive or angry, and instead is calmly sad. "You can't kill Tyler." She says softly.

"Not only can I, I have to. I have a reputation to uphold. Moreover, I want to." He said and I groan and place a pillow over my head.

"I'm not asking you to forgive him. All I'm asking is that you let him live, somewhere far from here." She pleaded and I groan again.

"So he gets to live a happy life after he turned all my hybrids against me, after he tried to kill me, after he made it his life's mission to find the cure so he could use it against me--" he beings but Caroline cuts him off.

"We all want the cure." She says defensively.

"Do we?" She stares mutely at him. "Do you?"

"It doesn't matter. There's only one, so it's not like I'm gonna get it anyway." She says and I remove the pillow and looks at her.

"But if you could...you wouldn't, would you?" I asked and she is silent but her face gives away her answer. "You prefer who you are now to the girl you once were. You like being strong, ageless, fearless." I get up and take a step closer to her. "We're the same, Caroline. When I was a vampire I enjoyed every aspect of it. Niks the same way."

"Then show me Klaus. You know how much I love Tyler. You can see how scared I am to lose him the same way you never wanna lose Gabriella. If you and I are so similar, then show me your compassion. Show him the mercy that I would show you." She pleaded and we both looked at Nik.

"Mercy? For Tyler? Very well. Tell him to leave town immediately." He starts walking away but turns back. "And tell him to run and hide in a place I will never find him."

"Of course." She becomes really happy and she turns and walks away, grabbing her jacket.

"Tell him that this is the mercy I extend for your sake...that I will give him a head start before I kill him." Caroline's face falls as she turns back to Klaus. A tear fall and she exits the house.

"Your such a dick, you know the Salvatores have done so much more than what Tyler's done. I mean all he was going to do was lock you in safe so he could put you in his body and kill you, but the Salvatores took your family and threatened to drop them in the ocean. They teamed up with Esther not only to kill you but your entire family. They killed Finn and they let their lover kill Kol, they desiccated you and took away your body trying to hide it from Ric, but failed and had you killed. I mean god Nik they have done what others have failed to do and yet here you are taking all your anger out on Tyler because he broke THE STUPID SIRE BOND!" I punched my hand on the barrier but all of a sudden my hand goes through it. "It's down." I mumbled and stepped out the living area. "We can leave."

He grabs Kol's body and my hand as we walked out the door. Caroline is sitting on the porch swing when the front door opens and me and  Klaus comes outside. "How did you two get out?"

"I fear something awful has befallen your friend Bonnie." He starts to approach her and Caroline tenses reflexively. "Don't worry, love. You know I'd never hurt you for Gabriella's sake."

"You've done enough." She mumbled and I walk over to sit next to her.

"I've done more than enough. I've shown kindness, forgiveness, pity...because of Gabriella, Caroline. It was all for her." Caroline says nothing as me and Nik  stare at each other for a moment. "I'll wait for you." He walks down the stairs and walks to the end of the walk away.

"I'm so sorry about everything Caroline, I tried to fight for Tyler." I wrap my arm around her and she looks at me and smiles.

"It's fine, we'll see each other again hopefully. As for you I'm going to miss you." We hug each other tight as tears fall from both of our cheeks.

"I'll see you real soon Caroline, after today you're my only friend left in this stupid town besides Rebekah." We pull away and I wink at her and walks over to Klaus. "Let's go home." I wrap my arms around him and he speeds us away.