꧁ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 - Nᴀʀɴɪᴀ ꧂

Start from the beginning

"Yes, yes I'm fine, just the paperwork getting to me I guess" she gestured to the pages in front of her.

A formal document with Narnia's insignia lay at the forefront of her work. It was their official marriage agreement, along it a space where both Katherine and Peter would have to sign. Peter's signature had already been filled in.

"Second thoughts?" he asked as he moved to sit on the edge of her desk, hands folded in his lap.

"No, no, I just - I had another migraine. I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would worry, I'm sorry"

She felt his muscles tense and felt his protective nature flare up before slowly dying out as he inhaled deeply. Pulling her into a hug, he patted her hair fondly as he spoke.

"It's okay. We just need to learn a little more trust, we can both work on it, together." She nodded as she listened to his heartbeat for a minute before getting up. Giving more trust, for Peter it was something she could do.

"I was thinking again, about before we found the beavers in Narnia, there was something about a lamppost and, and surely Peter we must have had family before this? I just can't stop thinking about where we came from"

She quietened down a bit, "Just now, I thought I heard someone calling my name, who was it?"

"I don't know Katie, I just don't know" He stood up and walked behind her chair to lean over and give her a hug from behind.

"But you believe me?" She asked as she dips her quill in ink, as she blots it he kisses her neck softly before replying.

"I always will"

She let the pen glide freely over the paper as she signed her half of the line.

꧁꧂Flash꧁꧂Back꧁꧂

"So who exactly are we inviting to the wedding?" Susan asked her whilst holding up a list of possible guests. Susan gave a sigh after seeing the expression on Katherine's face.

"I know you don't want a big event but honestly, the wedding is good for diplomatic ties and besides-"

"Katherine cut her off, "I know, you're right, invite the same crowd from Peter's birthday only add the third and fourth tier of Narnia's county and include a moment on the main balcony for the city as well. As for the crowd from Peter's birthday, keep it to the minimum of the royal family."

Susan nodded as she circled names on her list and crossed out a few.

"Thank you" Katherine says placing a hand on her friends shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I know it's not your dream wedding. But royalty comes with glamour I'm afraid"

"No" Katherine replied as she shook her head, "You're right, I need to think about these things more often"

Susan and Katherine shared a look of understanding before getting up, "Well I must take my leave, there are things to organize"

She shared a smirk that suggested she knew something Katherine didn't. Katherine gave her a curious stare and when she didn't answer she stood up abruptly to halt her friend from leaving.

"What?" She asked quickly, "What are you planning?"

"Nothing big" Susan replied in a way that suggested the opposite. She patted her friend on the back as she walked out, "I just know you well"

Katherine watched her friend as she walked out of her parlor, an excited little skip in her feet as she went. She thought back on herself, what could Susan have meant? Was there something she had forgotten? Katherine was helping out with some of the arrangements like choosing the color theme and her favorite bouquet of flowers. She pulled out her checklist and saw each item ticked. Shrugging it off she put it back in her pocket and continued on with her morning.