satan- libraries

"so today i was hoping you'd come with me to the library?" satan and i were walking across the school campus. the air was crisp, the clouds were comforting, and satan had wanted to spend some time with me. 

"sure, i don't mind!" i exclaimed happily. a small smile crept its way onto my face. spending time with satan was always such a joy. especially when we were in the library. he was always so focused on what he's reading that he doesn't notice my not so subtle staring. 

we made our way across the campus and walked into the library. it was much warmer inside. every wall of the building had fabulous paintings and other artwork on it, with books lining the walls from top to bottom. it was no surprise that someone like satan had loved to spend so much time in a beautiful and serene place. 

the librarian smiled politely at us as we walked in and found our seats at two cozy couches in front of a wall length window. this was satan's favorite place to sit. the bookshelves provided some privacy, and we were still able to view the campus yard through the large window. 

"what book will you be reading today y/n?" his question had pulled me from my train of thought. 

"o-oh! i think i'm going to finish up what i began reading last time," 

"i'm excited to start this new novel i found in lucifer's room! if he finds out he will probably be upset, but what does that matter? i'm going to finish and return it anyways," 

i laughed at how excited he seemed to upset lucifer. their brotherly relationship was something i wasn't able to fully understand. we pulled our books from our bags and began reading. well, satan did. i held my book to where i was just able to see his face focusing hard on the words he was reading. 

i had liked satan for about as long as i had been in the devildom, and out of all the times we had spent together, being in the library with him was my favorite. he was so focused when he read, it was almost as if he really did enter a completely new world. with his eyes focused down on the book in his hands, his lashes were almost long enough to brush against his cheeks. his skin was the finest of porcelain, and his rosy lips would change expression depending on what he was reading. sometimes his lips would curl into a slight smile, or frown. his blonde hair hung over his forehead, sometimes creating shadows across his face depending on how late we stayed in the library. 

after a few moments of admiring satan i decided to start reading my own book. unfortunately, my eyes ended up wondering around the library and back to him. i mean, could anyone blame me? i was sitting across from one of the most gorgeous demons to exist. 

"y/n? you seem to have a hard time concentrating today, is there something on my face?" satan asked curiously.

shit. 

"u-uh what?! no, no, not at all! i'm just uh... at a pretty anticlimactic part in the book, ya know?"

"i see. perhaps it gets better after this chapter? you should read more of your book, i can't focus on mine when you are looking at me like that," his lips turn into a small smirk. 

"oh! o-of course, sorry," i stammer out. this was embarrassing. he caught me staring. had he noticed the other times and just not said anything? 

"nothing to be sorry for y/n. in fact, i rather enjoy your eyes on me. being more interesting than whatever book is in your hands makes me feel good." the smirk spread more obviously across his lips now. 

i felt heat rush to my cheeks. did this mean he wasn't upset? 

"oh... yeah, of course you're more interesting than my book," my eyes broke contact with his. 

he marked his page and set his book to the side. he stared at me for a few moments. i could tell because i could feel his gaze on me. 

when i looked up to meet his eyes, he stood and stepped closer to me, now almost leaning over my chair. 

"s-satan? what're you doing?" my voice came out smaller than i had wanted it to. his body leaned closer to mine, with his arms now on the armrests of the small couch i was on. 

"you aren't very discreet about your staring, are you?" 

i gulped. 

"i would be upset if it was anyone but you, y/n. you're lucky i enjoy it. it makes me happy knowing you can hardly focus when i'm around. do i effect you that much?" his teasing smile made me blush even more, if possible. 

"i... i think you're gorgeous satan." the words fell out of my mouth before i could process what i was saying. 

satan smiled, one of his genuine smiles that i so rarely saw. one of his hands grabbed my chin before he placed his lips right on mine. 

my eyes were wide open, and my heart was pounding. was he really kissing me right now? i closed my eyes and moved my lips slightly against his, and when i did i felt him smile into the kiss. we pulled away after a moment. i was pleasantly surprised to see his cheeks just as red as mine felt. satan sat in his seat across from mine, picking up his book. 

"now where was i?"