C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"I get my own comm device?" Omega exclaimed as Tech finished attaching the gauntlet on her skinny forearm. The intellectual clone tilted his head as he clarified, "Technically, it was Crosshair's, but seeing he has no further use of it, I modified it to fit your size."

"Icko, what's your position? Over." Omega tested the device out, her unique accent echoed through all the clones' comms. He raised a brow. "It's also not a toy."

"Copy that." the young girl said in the microphone, grinning sheepishly.

Tech then rose from his knee and approached Fern. "Your turn. I'll modify your gauntlet's comm to link with our channel. Hold still." He attentively handled Fern's left arm as he poked and punched in a few calibrations. Fern found herself staring at Tech as he worked; she subconsciously leaned her body forward, closing their proximity. Through his advanced spectacles, she noticed his eyes were just a shade lighter than the rest of the clones'. 

"There." He closed the panel over her wrist. "That should do it."

With one brow raised and her nose scrunched teasingly, Fern pushed a button on her newly outfitted device with a single finger and said, "Much appreciated, Tick." Omega laughed as the female clone's voice echoed through everyone's comms. Tech rolled his eyes, then glanced over at the computer. "We should be exiting hyperspace soon. There, we'll locate this Cid you and Echo are familiar with."

"Are we sure we can trust this guy?" Wrecker grunted as he bench-pressed Gonky the Droid with one hand.

"Well, the Jedi did." Echo presumed.

"The Jedi who are all dead." Tech reminded.

"I don't hear you offering any alternatives, Wired-Brain." Fern frowned with her arms knotted. The intellectual clone didn't object, and abruptly all their comms announced, "She's got a point." with Omega's voice. Everyone peered down on her as she cheeked a nervous smile. "Right, not a toy."

"Remind me, Half-Pint, and I'll teach you how to alter your microphone so your tone changes. Even switch up your accent and dialect." Fern winked at the young girl, whose round eyes lit up with anticipation. "Really?"

"That will happen much later." Hunter scoffed. Once more, Fern scrunched her nose at him with a mischievous smile.

"Exiting hyperspace now." Tech announced, taking the controls in the cockpit, then directly states, "Fern, I prefer a co-pilot when landing."

"I'm on it, Wired-Brain." She hopped into the seat next to Tech and performed the necessary procedure when landing a space shuttle. As they pulled into the main city of Ord Mantell, a circular, urbanized colony with terrace-like levels climbing up in the center, Omega awed through the window; her cheek smushed against the viewport. Pilot and co-pilot touched down in one of the many hangar thresholds bordering the major trade port with no hassle. 

"Before we leave..." Fern shut down the thrusters and spun dramatically in her chair, eyeing the young girl. "We need to set some ground rules for you."

——————————————————————

As the clones travelled to Cid's location, they instantly noticed how skeptical the alleyways appeared. Rusty neon signs, a stench-ridden atmosphere, and locals, most of them rugged and armed, generated a scene that prompted Fern to subconsciously guide Omega in front of her so that she had at least one eye on the young girl. 

As they sauntered down, Hunter quizzed her, "Remember the rules that Fern discussed?"

"Don't wander off, keep my eyes and ears on my surroundings, and trust no one but my squad." she listed, using her fingers.