Chapter 27: I'm Not As Kind As Shoto Is!!

Start from the beginning

Kaneki also informed me that recently Keigo had joined hands with the League of Villains and Re Destro. At first, I was shocked to hear this about Keigo, but Kaneki quickly cleared my misunderstanding by explaining the real situation to me. In actuality, it was a top-secret mission assigned to Keigo by the Hero Public Safety Commission to act as a spy for them, gain the League of Villains' trust, and then infiltrate the criminal organization. Kaneki got this information from Yomo sensei who was also one of the members of the Hero Public Safety Commission.

But what caught my attention and confused me the most was that Keigo couldn't obtain any sort of background info regarding Dabi and Shigaraki even after hanging around with the League for months now, which made me think about Dabi even more. I mean yes I felt that Dabi was Touya, but then again I could be wrong as well for I still didn't have any solid confirmation in my hands. I even told myself that I would figure out Dabi's true identity, but with such a busy schedule, it was practically impossible for me to do that.

While my mind was spinning around with different thoughts, I heard the door of our classroom open which made me look up from my phone.

"I won't be so optimistic!" Mt. Lady stated with a wide grin as she and Midnight walked into the room. "It might feel like the heroes have the wind in their sails again, but if you flip the situation to its backside, people are actually feeling a sense of urgency. The shouts of encouragement from those who were promised justice is victory are in reality prayers of desperation! In today's society where so many heroes are caught up in the showbiz of it, all the people are yearning for a true hero to emerge!"

"Mt. Lady!" Midoriya gasped.

"She was invited here as a guest lecturer since you guys have been getting more media exposure lately. And Midnight is escorting her." Aizawa stated from outside the classroom who was wearing his yellow sleeping bag, making me deadpan at my old man.

Why the hell is he wearing that stupid yellow sleeping bag?

And Mt. Lady saying that many heroes were caught up in showbiz and shit, but wasn't she the most "showbiz" hero out there? Talk about hypocrisy!

"More exposure, my butt!!" Bakugo growled, gritting his teeth. "Where is my exposure, dammit?!"

"It's alright, man. There is always next time!" Kirishima assured his friend with a grin.

"Today's class will be a practical seminar about the media!" Mt. Lady explained. "I, the beautiful center of attention in the hero world, will teach you all there is to know about how a hero should carry themselves. Let's plus ultra this lesson everyone!"

Then all of us were taken outside where they set up a fake interview panel or something like that.

"We will be practicing hero interviews!" Mt. Lady announced.

The first one to go up on the stage was Shoto.

"That was some amazing work out there, Shoto!" Mt. Lady grinned, pretending to be the reporter.

"What are you talking about?" Shoto asked in confusion.

"Pretend you just finished a tough job or something! Action!" Mt. Lady responded.

"Okay..." Shoto nodded his head.

"What sort of hero are you trying to become, Shoto?" she asked.

"The kind of hero that puts everyone at ease when he arrives..." he replied.

"That's wonderful!" Mt. Lady squealed. "Although if a hunk like you came to save me, it might make my heart burst out of my chest!"

"Is there something wrong with your heart?" Shoto asked worriedly. "Do you have a heart condition?"