Chapter 23: His Start, My Start

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Endeavor raised an eyebrow.

"I heard about it on a business trip from the locals. At the time I worked with the police and investigated quietly to not raise unnecessary panic but I got nothing. So it made me curious, and I flew around the country investigating on my own." Keigo added furthermore.

"Investigating?"

"There were some differences but similar rumors were popping up in places that were completely unconnected. In the end, they were all just rumors though. Now, this is just an unsubstantiated opinion, but after UA, Hosu, and Camino, everyone knows how creepy these remodel villains are, right? So I think some idiot is telling scary stories to stir up the uneasiness and they spread across the country. That villain earlier shouted, 'Hooray for metahuman liberation!' right? That's similar to where an old villain's biography was published and has been selling pretty well. He's probably influenced by it. Those kinds of books sell more when society is uneasy like they thrive."

"Just what is it you want? Get to the point!"

Keigo looked over to Endeavor and smiled brightly at him.

"I want you to become a dependable leader now that you're No.1. I want you to verify the veracity of those rumors and tell everyone proudly to stop worrying. I'm not gonna do anything special. I said the same thing yesterday but basically, I'm being the producer behind the number one hero."

"Bastard." Endeavor grumbled.

"I just want to take it easy really. Let's just drop Nana-chan off at her dorm, then later go around on leisurely patrols, complain that nothing happened today, and then go to bed. The best life! I want to make a world where heroes have too much time on their hands." Keigo stated, still smiling.

I looked at Keigo with amusement after hearing his last statement. I then pulled myself out of my thoughts when I suddenly sensed something was flying towards the window we were sitting by from far away.

"Keigo, Enji-san..." I mumbled as I gazed outside the window with a serious look. "Something is coming in this direction."

Both the pro-heroes looked over to the window as well. I quickly stood up from my seat and activated both of my quirks.

"Here is your tea." a waitress said with a smile as she walked over to us.

"Get back, miss!" Keigo shouted as he jumped in front of her as a shield.

Right on cue, a Nomu flew straight at the window and crashed the glasses into pieces, scattering them everywhere.

"Who is the strongest?" the Nomu stated in a deep tone.

"It's me, you bitch!" I growled before quickly raising both of my hands and emitting a repulsive force from my body that knocked the Nomu all the way back from the window.

"Hawks, evacuate everyone!" Endeavor ordered.

"Roger! What about you?" Hawks asked.

"They weren't just rumors huh? Must be my lucky day. Oh well either way this is what I came for." Endeavor said as he jumped out of the window and raised his right hand at the Nomu. "Flashfire fist! Jetburn!"

Endeavor concentrated his flames into a white-hot point on his fist and punched, sending a fiery beam into the Nomu while knocking it back further. I quickly altered my own gravity and flew up in the air before jumping out of the window as well.

"Come. I'll show you who I am." Endeavor frowned at the Nomu.

"Endeavor-san, you can fly?!" Hawks asked in awe.