Chapter 23: His Start, My Start

Start from the beginning

I remained quiet the entire time and kept on munching my delicious meatballs. Thank god I finally said yes to the flirty blonde and now here I was, in front of a table filled with mouth-watering yummy free foods.

"What can I say, Endeavor-san..." Keigo smirked before he looked over at me and sent me a seductive wink. "I just have no self-control when it comes to the things I want, or should I say someone I want."

"Tch." I rolled my eyes and looked away from his gaze, slightly blushing.

Keigo chuckled softly at me while Endeavor narrowed his eyes at the flirty No.2 hero.

"After the school festival, I scouted your son too..." Keigo stated, looking back at the older brooding man. "I mean having the son of the No.2 hero would look good, right? But well I'm glad I got Tokoyami now. Since Shoto failed the Provisional exam and left a mark on his brand."

"You know a lot for someone who didn't go to UA." Endeavor grumbled.

"I'm well informed..." Keigo replied with a smirk before looking at me with puppy dog eyes and started whining. "But I sent a letter to you as well, Nana-chan. A special one I would say. Why did you reject me so harshly, Nana-chan?! You know my poor heart can't take such rejection!"

I rolled my eyes again at the dramatic blonde and took another bite from my meatball.

"I made the right decision, you dunce. Working with Sir Nighteye and Mirio Senpai was way much a better choice than working with someone like you." I responded nonchalantly. "At least I learned something from those two. From you, I would've learned nothing. Rather you would've just flirted with me the entire time and tried to piss me off."

"Aww, you're so mean to me as always, Nana-chan!~" Keigo whined with a cute pout, leaning closer toward me.

"Stop messing around!" Endeavor shouted at Keigo. "I didn't come all the way to Kyushu to talk about this! Hurry up and get to the point!"

Keigo looked back at Endeavor and smirked.

"About the rumors?" he said.

"Remodeled Nomu... Those grotesque puppets the League of Villains has..." Endeavor stated.

"A few dozen stored in Camino was captured along with all for one and since then the League has been busy but no more Nomu has appeared. I did that was all of them or old A.F.O. was the only one who knew where the rest were." Keigo explained.

I blinked in confusion and looked back and forth between the two pro-heroes in front of me.

Why the hell are they discussing such a top-class important secret topic in front of me?

"Bastard, since you asked me to team up with you, that means you've some definitive proof, right?" Endeavor asked.

"No, I don't. They are seriously just rumors." Keigo replied with a bright smile.

An anime tick mark popped out from the side of Endeavor's forehead while I deadpanned at the blonde.

"Bring the check!" Endeavor announced to the waiters as he stood up from his seat and clapped his hands. "I'm going home! And Nana, you're coming with me. I'll drop you off at your dormitory before heading back home myself. There's no need for you to stay here with this stupid man."

"Come on, wait a minute. Please listen." Keigo chuckled softly as Endeavor looked over at him with curiosity. "This is not the only place where Nomus have been sighted. You don't know, do you? They have been reported across the country. Not so much that they have been gathered into a news article, But among Housewives while the gossip or between elementary and middle school kids as they walk home from school."