Chapter 9: Can I Get A Kiss As A Reward?

Start from the beginning

Later that day, All Might took us Class 1-A to Field Gamma, a dense area filled with steel factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth. It was basic rescue training. We were divided into four groups and would go through the training one group at a time. When All Might would send a distress signal from somewhat inside, we would all start at once from the outskirts of the city. It was basically a race to see who would rescue All Might first.

Midoriya, Iida, Ashido, Sero, and Oijiro were in one team and their team went at first for the training.

When the race began, Sero got out to an early lead only to be suddenly passed by Midoriya. I noticed that using One For All: Full Cowl at 5%, he easily maneuvered throughout the terrain by swiftly jumping from one area to another while leaving his classmates behind. I noticed that his movements were very similar to those of Bakugo's, which surprised me a lot, given the fact that he had grown much faster and stronger.

Midoriya raced ahead of his opponents, focusing on controlling his Quirk to 5% when he abruptly lost his footing and fell. Sero ended up winning the race, while the injured Midoriya came in last. When Midoriya and his team came back to where the rest of us were waiting, I smiled and walked up to the green-haired boy.

"You did amazing, Izuku!" I called out, encouraging him.

"N-Nana-chan!" Midoriya squeaked out in a timid voice when he saw me standing behind him as he slightly blushed and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I-I didn't do anything amazing, Nana-chan. I couldn't even come in the top three positions."

"But you did improve a lot in my opinion though. You're way stronger and faster now than you were before. And imitating Katsuki's moves isn't that simple either, but you were able to do it anyway. Looks like Gran Torino's training is paying off quite well, huh? I know controlling One For All isn't that simple and easy, but you're trying your best and that's what matters now. I'm sure you'll get there in no time when you can fully control your own quirk." I stated in a very low voice so that nobody except for Midoriya could hear me.

My words made Midoriya's green eyes go wide open as they glimmered like the stars in the sky.

"You're right, Nana-chan! I still need to fight and move on. And I'll do my best!" Midoriya beamed, emitting a sparkly aura around him.

I chuckled and nodded my head in response.

"That's the spirit. Keep it up!" I smiled and patted his shoulder.

A few hours later, the training came to an end with me winning first place in my team, and then after that, the rest of the school hour was a blur. When the school was over for the day, I literally dragged myself toward Yomo sensei's dojo which was located just beside our UA campus.

"You're late again, brat..." Aizawa said lazily yet firmly as I walked in.

Instead of his usual hero attire, Aizawa wore a simple long-sleeved black shirt and a pair of black sweatpants while his hair had been tied back into a messy bun.

"Sorry!" I responded in a tired voice and smiled sheepishly at him.

"Well, hello there, Hidenka..." Kaneki smirked at me as he came out from another room and walked into the scene.

I smiled back and waved a hand at the white-haired boy.

"Go change your clothes. Quick." Aizawa sighed.

In response, I quickly walked away from there and made my way to the girl's locker room. The dojo seemed quiet and had very less people at the moment which wasn't that big of a deal, to be honest. On weekdays like this, very few people came to this dojo except for me, Aizawa, and Kaneki who came here almost every day. Swiftly I took off my school uniform and slipped into a pair of black sweatpants and a black tank top, before tying up my hair in a high ponytail and walking back to Kaneki and Aizawa.