Chapter 9: Can I Get A Kiss As A Reward?

Start from the beginning

"Really?!" Kaminari asked, his eyes went wide open.

"Yeah. But it was nothing though. Seriously... you guys are giving me too much more praise than I deserve." I smiled sheepishly once again.

"And you deserve it, Nana..." Iida stated as he smiled at me. "I was acting recklessly when I faced the Hero Killer and Midoriya got injured in the process. But you came in and saved our lives. So thank you, Nana."

"No, Iida..." I responded back, shaking my head. "You did well. We all did well. Without you, Shoto, and Izuku, I might have not been able to capture Stain. So thank you for your assistance."

"But have you all seen the video of the Hero Killer?" Kaminari asked with curiosity. "Seeing that, you can see how he's really single-minded and tenacious. Doesn't it almost make you think that he's cool?"

"Well, not exactly." I sighed. "Yes, our current society is filled with so many fake heroes who just run after for fame, money, and power, except for All Might who actually helps out people because he genuinely wants to. There isn't much of a true genuine hero like All Might in our society anymore. Stain believes that those who become Heroes for fame or money are unworthy of being called the name and only All Might is a true hero. Due to his strong ideology, he took it upon himself to become the Hero Killer: Stain to stain his own hands with blood to purge fake heroes and change the current society. He didn't wish to kill those who were not targets for his own cause. He disliked needless bloodshed. He believes that the true traits of a hero are in contrast to those who desire to use their Quirks in selfish ways. He also believes heavily in creeds and convictions and thinks that they are needed in order to accomplish anything and without them, people are weak and will eventually die. In spite of his extremist views and beliefs, Stain did have genuine ideals about Heroism which he stood by firmly. He didn't hesitate to save people he deemed worthy of being called Heroes, didn't like killing without reason, and would even give advice to his enemies. He seems to acknowledge that what he is doing is morally wrong, but believes that in order for society to be put on the right path, someone must be what he is, indicating he sees himself as somewhat of a martyr."

I took a deep breath and continued with my words.

"Even so, what he did so far was definitely wrong. He wanted to change the shape of our current society which was a good thing to do but at the same time, he tried to execute his ideology by committing heinous crimes which were going around and killing people. Stain is a complex individual. His ideology is absolutely correct but his actions were completely disgusting. It's really conflicting when it comes to Stain, to be honest."

In response, everyone in the class simply stared at me for a few seconds before Midoriya spoke up.

"Nana-chan, why do you want to become a hero?" the green-haired boy asked.

In response, I chuckled once again and rubbed the back of my neck in a sheepish manner.

"You see, I never thought or dreamed or craved of becoming a famous No.1 hero like All Might. As you all know, I lost both my parents in a villain attack when I was really young. From then, I decided to become a hero, so I'll be able to save people's lives and protect those who are precious to their loved ones. I don't want people to lose their loved ones as I did. I don't want children to become orphans like me. I want to save the lives of people regardless of what they are and who they are. I don't care if I can't become No.1 like All Might. As long as I can go around, do good stuff, and bring smiles to people's faces, I'm happy." I explained with a gentle smile.

With that, everyone smiled back at me.

"You're really kind Nana-chan..." Asui commented.