Chapter 2: Welcome Home, Old Geezer

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I made you worry, Mom..." Nana giggled and smiled at her foster mother. "I'll be careful next time, I promise..."

"WHAT?! MOM?!" Class 1-A yelled out in shock, their eyes widened a fraction.

"Midnight is your mother?!"

"That's crazy!"

"And you called Aizawa sensei your father!"

"Are you their love child?!"

"No!" Nana exclaimed, shaking her hands. "You got it all wrong!"

"Really?" Uraraka asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah..." Nana responded, nodding her head. "Well you see, after my biological parents' death, Aizawa took me in. He's my uncle and my adoptive father. That's why I call Aizawa 'Dad'. And Midnight here is my mother's childhood friend. She also took care of me alongside Aizawa and played a parental role in my life. So that's why I call her 'Mom'..."

"Well, that makes sense now." Iida hummed in response with everyone nodding in agreement.

"Sorry to interrupt kids, but I need to talk to you all." The police detective Naomasa Tsukauchi called as he walked toward them.

"Oh hey there, Tsukauchi-san!" Nana chirped happily, waving at him. "It's been a while! How have you been?"

"Hi Nana." the man greeted her back with a smile. "I'm fine, thanks for asking. Looks like you're doing well."

"Who me? Nah!" Nana pouted, furrowing her eyebrows a bit. "I always get myself into trouble and get grounded by my old geezer."

"Well about that..." the detective trailed off, his smile dropped. "I want to talk about Aizawa with you all."

"What happened?" Uraraka asked in concern.

"Well at first, I wanna say that, except the boy with broken legs, every other student seems unharmed, which is a relief..." Tsukauchi informed before his eyes trailed over to Nana's blood-stained white t-shirt.

"Oh don't worry about that!" Nana reassured him with a sheepish grin as the man gave her a worried look. "I just got a little hungry while fighting back then, hehe..."

The students flinched a bit, remembering the scary, bloody scene. Ghoul quirk...

"Well if you say so..." the detective said with a soft smile. "And well about Aizawa..."

"What?" Nana asked, suddenly panicking.

"He has got comminuted fractures in both arms and a facial fracture..." he explained. "Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be serious brain damage. However, his orbital floor had broken into small pieces and his eyes may suffer from its after-effects."

"Damn it!" Nana growled under her breath, clenching her fists. "Damn it! I should've come sooner! Damn it, old geezer!"

"Osaki-san..." Iida said worriedly. "Please calm down."

"Please, don't panic..." Uraraka added, patting gently on her back.

"Sensei's gonna be fine..." Momo reassured her with a gentle smile. "Don't worry, Osaki-san."

"I hope so..." Nana muttered, running her right hand through her black hair.

"And what about Thirteen?" Ashido asked, chiming in. "Is he okay?"

"Thirteen has been treated..." Tsukauchi replied. "The laceration from the back to the upper arm was bad, but her life is not in danger".

To this, everyone let out a sigh of relief.