It was a song you would always play to get Lucifer's attention. You would start dancing around a bit and try to get him to join in. After some further convincing, Lucifer would get up and dance with you, laughter echoing around the room. It would make long nights like these more bearable. Lucifer smiled a bit, thinking of all the memories he had with you.

"Y/n, I can't dance with you right now, I'm..." He looked up and realized you weren't there.

Lucifer's smile faded as the once sweet melody turned sour. All the guilt he tried pushing away resurfaced again, this time with full force. Lucifer got up to stop the record and found his hand trembling as he did so. He just couldn't stop thinking about you. He needed to see you. Now.

Lucifer dropped what he was doing and rushed to your room. He took a deep breath, his hands were still shaking as he knocked on the door.

"Y/n? It's Lucifer. Do you have a moment?" Lucifer tried sounding calm.

No response.

"Y/n?? Are you in there?" He knocked again.

Again, nothing but silence. Lucifer felt a bit worried but tried being reasonable about it. Maybe you were just sleeping? It was pretty late at night.

"Y/n I'm coming in." Lucifer said as he turned the knob.

He opened the door and found nothing there. Lucifer tried texting you, asking where you were. He heard a buzz and saw your D.D.D light up. Getting closer he realized it hasn't been charged for a while with a bunch of unread messages. Even worse, he found the letter you left beside it. Lucifer's stomach immediately dropped, afraid of what this meant.

Lucifer quickly took the letter and skimmed through it. Looks like his nightmare came true. Lucifer ran out of your room, quickly pocketing the letter, and began searching for you.

"Y/n?! Y/n! You better be joking!" Lucifer shouted. He again didn't get a response.

"Look I...I get it, okay?! I was wrong so please just come out!" Lucifer shouted, not caring if he woke up his brothers.

"Y/n, this isn't funny anymore! I'm sorry okay? Please!!" Lucifer begged.

"Lucifer...? What are you yelling about?" Levi opened his door, looking annoyed.

"Y/n's gone." Lucifer said before running off to look for you somewhere else.

"Wait what..?" Satan popped his head out of his own room.

"Y/n's not here anymore!" Lucifer shouted.

"What?! What do you mean they aren't here?" Mammon freaked.

"What's going on?" Asmo too joined in.

"Guys you're going to wake up Belphie..." Beel looked at them with tired eyes.

"Too late...I'm already awake. What the heck is going on, Lucifer?" Belphie grumbled.

"Yeah! What do you mean Y/n's gone?"Asmo asked.

"I tried looking for Y/n in their room but they weren't there! All I found was their D.D.D and a letter!" Lucifer exclaimed. The brothers looked shocked.

"What...?" Levi gasped.

"What does the letter say?" Satan asked.

Lucifer scrambled to get the letter out of his pocket. The brothers all crowded together to read it.

"I've realized now I've done more harm than good to you seven. And for that I'm sorry..." Asmo read.

"These past few days made me realize I've been nothing but a burden, so I've decided to stay out of your hair for a while." Mammon picked up where Asmo stopped.