Intro

There were legends, legends out there that there were sea monster's roaming the ocean of Italy. Humans, or as sea monster's call them, land monster's, were afraid of us. Some would not believe the legends, though some would.  They would try to hunt us down, but I believe there are humans out there that are kind to creatures like us.

I'm Sashanne Mant. I happen to be a sea monster myself to know all about this. Why you ask? Because my parents told me. Especially my father, Montgomery Mant. He is super strict about everything! Even when I get curious about the surface or say that some humans out there are good, he gets super mad at me since he thinks those people are pure evil.

My mother, Alina Mant, is more sympathetic to me, but gets super worried about me and the surface. She would ask me if I was alright and also, like my father, says that the surface and land monster's were dangerous. I just don't understand why they would think all land monster's were dangerous!

However, my little brother, Gomez Mant gets me. He would ask me questions about the surface, and I would say that one day we would go to the surface together. Since both of us were curious about the surface, we would go and collect items from the surface and wonder why they work. Both of us have a lot of fun and wanted to go to the surface one day, though our parents don't want us out for a long time.

So one day, I had a plan. I promised my brother that I will check out the surface myself and tell him all about it. And if my parents wonder where I was, I made him say that I was checking out the reef. So after I left, I was on my way to the surface until a net caught me. I struggled and the net was pulling me back. I realized, horrifyingly, the land monsters got me.

I tried to get out but I was stuck in the net, I thought I was about to die until someone let me out of the net and saved me. I looked at the one who saved me, he had green eyes and was a sea monster like me. We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, until he swam away.

When he swam away, I noticed that he had surface items in his hand. He must know about the surface, I don't know. Maybe I could find him in the morning since after that incident, I decided to head home and find answers in the morining.