He regarded her for a few seconds before smiling.

“Let’s do something this weekend. Let’s go sightseeing!”

“Uh Houssam, we can’t exactly go out together.”

He shook his head.

“We wouldn’t be alone. I have five or six handlers whose jobs are to just accompany me when I go out. Three of them are women, and they don’t usually come but they would this time.”

She looked at him skeptically.

“What would we do?”

“Anything! Everything! Have you been to Times Square yet? Madison Square Garden? M&M world?”

She laughed, but shook her head.

“No I haven’t been anywhere yet.”

He hopped down from the bench excitedly.

“Let’s do it! Maybe Ayah can join us? And Freddy.” He said with a mischevious smile, and she squinted at him.

“What are you hiding?”

“Freddy is totally in love with Ayah!” he blurted out, and Hana’s mouth dropped.

“What?! Really!? Oh my God!” she frowned slightly. “But he isn’t Muslim. It wouldn’t work.”

“I know that, and he does too. But honestly I think he is close to it!”

“Really?! MashaAllah that’s great!” she exclaimed excitedly, and he nodded.

“I’ve been letting him go at his own pace, but I think he will get there soon.”

“InshaAllah!”

“So sounds good? We will do some sightseeing and lunch this weekend? How about Saturday? The city will be alive with lights and sounds and it will just be magical.”

She gave him a smile.

“Okay. Sounds great.”

He grinned broadly at her before clapping his hands together.

“Okay I have to get going but I’ll see you Saturday! I’ll send the car for you.”

“Oh you don’t have to. I’ve gotten used to the subway.” She said a bit proudly, and he laughed.

“MashaAllah! That’s awesome! But I still will send the car. Be ready by ten?”

“InshaAllah.”

“Salaam Hana!”

“Walaikumsalaam!”

***

“Okay do I look okay? Do I look like I’m trying too hard? My scarf doesn’t match does it? OH MY GOD WHAT WAS I THINKING WEARING YELLOW!? I LOOK LIKE BIG BIRD!” Ayah moaned, and Hana rolled her eyes.

“You look fine my dear. Calm down!” Hana exclaimed with a laugh, as she looked out the window, eagerly taking in her surroundings. Soon they pulled to a stop, and as they got out of the limo, Houssam came towards them, smiling widely.

“Salaam ladies! Hurry we’ve been waiting for you!” he exclaimed eagerly, and Hana peered around him.

“Where are we?”

“Central Park! We’ve set up an awesome picnic brunch for us but we have to hurry before it gets too crowded!” he exclaimed and without waiting for their answers, he started walking towards the crowds, Hana and Ayah hurrying to catch up. Eventually they spotted Freddy and six other people standing around a large blanket piled with food, and as he saw them approaching he beamed.