Chapter 42

Salaam everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that I've seen every single one of your messages, and InshaAllah I will try to reply as soon as possible. It means a lot to me to see your messages and comments! Keep it up, and stay awesome! :D <3

Hana practically flew down the stair case, dashing as fast as she could across the Masjid towards the front doors. Unfortunately for her, Houssam was an athlete, and he was fast and soon he had caught up to her, keeping pace easily even though she was practically running.

“Hana. Hana wait please!” he exclaimed, and she skidded to a halt as he jumped in front of her, blocking her from walking any further.

“Leave me alone.” She whispered. “I don’t need this drama, I really don’t.”

 “Hana, please. I am so sorry you had to hear that, but I’m just,” he paused to run a hand through his hair, “I’m just so confused.”

“Well let me make it easier on you.”

She started to walk away from him again, but he reached out and grabbed her purse strap, causing her to stumble backwards.

“Is that your answer to everything? To run away?!” he demanded, and she took a step forward angrily.

“How dare you! You don’t get to talk to me like that!”

“But you can run away?! For once in our relationship, stay longer than five seconds to talk things out!”

“Our relationship?!” she shook her head, “we don’t have a relationship Houssam, and you made it perfectly clear how you feel about that!” she exclaimed, and he sighed.

“You came at the wrong time Hana.” He said softly, and she scoffed.

“Oh I’m sorry, was there something good after you hate me? I should have waited for the whole performance to be over before making myself known! But pardon me for not being able to handle the abuse any longer!” she exclaimed hotly, and he clenched his fists, taking in a deep breath.

“Look I am sorry. There was no excuse for what I said.”

“No,” she said pulling her purse out of his grasp, “there wasn’t.”

“So you are going to leave then? That’s it? Just walk out on me?” he called after her retreating back, and she paused momentarily in her steps.

“I was fine before you came back.”

His eyes widened slightly.

“So you regret meeting me again?”

She sighed again, wrapping her arms around herself.

“I regret that I seem to get hurt every time I turn around. I regret that I forgot my purse in the library and had to hear your declaration.”

“Hana.” He whispered, and she shook her head before smiling slightly.

“It’s fine Houssam. You don’t owe me anything.”

***

Hana sat in her old treehouse that was in the backyard of her parent’s house, and pulled her knees up to her chest. She had spent the past hour crying, she didn’t have any more tears to release. She hated how she had been acting the past few weeks. She had promised she would never let a man, especially not Houssam mess her up inside, and unfortunately she was failing…horribly.

She leaned her head against her legs, sighing deeply. He had chased after her but thankfully, and this was the first time she had been happy to see her lately, Kalthoum had come up the front steps of the Masjid, and Houssam was obliged to abandon Hana and pay attention to her. Once she had made it to her house, she had dashed past her startled parents, and had come up to the treehouse, and had been there ever since.