“Darn! Foiled again!” Freddy exclaimed. “Think Harold can hire her too?”

“What in the world would we do with someone who is studying toxic leadership on our team?!”

“It sure would make Harold nicer to use.”

Houssam laughed, and punched his friend in the shoulder.

“We are both pathetic you know that?”’

“I know.”

They sat in silence for a few seconds before Houssam sighed.

“I’m guessing you’re just going to crash here?”

“Yeah. No sense in leaving when we have practice in like three hours.”

Houssam stood up, stretching out his back before tossing Freddy a blanket from the hall closet.

“You think we are ready for the championship game?”

“I think so. Coach has been beating us pretty hard. I think we will do well.”

“InshaAllah.”

“Of course. InshaAllah.”

***

“Okay just stop where you are! Right there! Don’t move!” Hana ordered, and as Houssam and Freddy froze, she snapped a few pictures in succession before switching profiles, and taking a few more.

“Can we move now? Fred is standing on my foot.” Houssam complained, and Hana laughed.

“Yes go ahead!”

“You and your stupid clown feet!” Houssam grumbled as he pushed Freddy, and Freddy pushed him back before yawning largely.

“Dude I’m so tired. Hana, are we almost done?” he called, and she nodded.

“Another ten minutes.” She called back, and as the boys began to practice their free throws again, she hurried to change her camera lens, fumbling slightly as she yawned as well. She had been up almost the whole night. Half of it listening to Ayah talk excitedly about how amazing Freddy was, and the other half thinking about Houssam.

This was only the second day they were doing the photo shoot, so she didn’t want to get ahead of herself, but she could feel the intensity between them. She could feel the difference from the last time they had been together, and she couldn’t help but wonder, and hope, if he was going to propose soon.

“Alright, can we get a shot of the two of you lifting?” she asked, and they travelled over to the exercise machines, both of them looking a little like zombies, however, when she lifted her camera, they came to life, and she snapped another thirty pictures or so before they decided to call it a night.

Freddy immediately left, claiming he was going to die of exhaustion, but Houssam stayed behind, watching as Hana began to pack up her equipment.

“So I was thinking of going back home for the weekend.” He said, and she looked up from her bag.

“Oh yeah? That’s great MashaAllah!”

He nodded.

“Yeah you know, go over there, and check on Yusra and Amir and the babies. Spend some time with my parents.”

“Sounds wonderful!” she smiled. “I wish I could go back home too, but as I just got here two months ago, it might be too early to take some time off.”

“You are homesick already?” he asked, and she smiled.

“Yeah. I miss my parents, I really miss Ilham and Hisham and the children.” She gave a sigh. “I love Ayah, but it’s hard being away from all things familiar. That’s why it was nice to see you.” She smiled at him. “A touch of home.”