Chapter 65

“Freddy. It’s two in the morning. Go home.”

“I caaaaaaan’t” Freddy moaned from where he was laying facedown across Houssam’s couch, his feet dangling over the edge.

“Yes you caaaaan. I’ll even call you a cab! Or you can borrow my car!” Houssam exclaimed, and Freddy groaned, flipping onto his back, and pulling a pillow over his face.

“How can you expect me to ever do anything ever again in my life when I’ve met a real life angel?!”

Houssam rolled his eyes.

“An angel? Aren’t you overreacting?”

Suddenly Freddy was on his feet, pacing around the room.

“Overreacting!? OVERREACTING!? Dude, she was like sent from above. The perfect embodiment of a heavenly being!” he exclaimed and Houssam sat down in one of the chairs in amusement.

“I have never seen you like this before bro.” he said and Freddy groaned again, sinking to the floor.

“I know! I just can’t even tell you. It’s like I saw her face and my brain was like ‘oh my god there she is! Finally! After all these years of looking she is right there!’ it was like a slap in the face! But you know it hurt in a good way.”

Houssam threw his head back and laughed loudly, glancing down at where his friend was slumped against the couch. He got down on the floor next to him, and bumped his shoulder into his.

“You’re pathetic.”

Freddy scoffed.

“You’re one to talk. I half expected you to cut Hana’s meat for her.”

“Whatever bro!”

Freddy laughed before raking a hand through his hair and sighing in frustration.

“And what sucks is that just for a moment. Just for a tiny moment while I was talking to her, I forgot that I can’t be with her.”

“Why not?”

Freddy looked at Houssam with a ‘duh’ look on his face.

“I’m not a Muslim.”

“Oh.”

Houssam had forgotten that also.

“Well you know you could become Muslim.”

Freddy shook his head.

“If I do it, I’m gonna do it for me. Getting to be with her would just be the icing on the cake.”

Houssam felt his heart speed up.

“So you think you are going to do it?”

Freddy shrugged uncomfortably.

“I don’t know. So what are you going to do about Hana?”

Houssam sighed.

“I want to be with her. Like right this minute.”

“You would ditch me in my time of mourning to be with her!?”

“Hell yeah!” Houssam exclaimed, and Freddy laughed.

“Well stop dragging it out. We have this weekend off, fly home, ask her dad, pop the question, get married, and sit me and Ayah next to each other at the wedding!”

Houssam snorted.

“You wouldn’t even be in the same room for the wedding, let alone sitting next to each other.”