Choices(選擇, Xuǎnzé)

Bai Qian

Bai Qian took the hand that Nuwa extended to her. She was led to a lake where a man was fishing.  As they got nearer the man turned his head to smile at them.  Bai Qian's eyes widened.  She recognised that face! 

Nuwa stopped by the man who was now standing waiting for them.  She turned to Bai Qian and said "Qian Qian, this is my husband Fuxi"

Bai Qian fell on her knees and kowtowed to the Heavenly Father.  She kept her head down until she heard him call her name "Qian Qian forgo the formalities.  Please stand up."  She scrambled to her feet but kept her head down.  "Qian Qian, let me look at you."  She lifted her face and forced herself to look the Heavenly Father in the eye.  She tried to keep her amazement and nervousness from showing in her face. "You look so much like Daji and from what I have seen of your life in Qing Qiu and your mortal trial, you have inherited not just her beauty but also her kindness, courage and resilience.  You are also very much your father's daughter.  He was one of my most gifted disciples albeit, also one of the naughtiest." 

Bai Qian couldn't help but giggle from Heavenly Father's statement about her father.  Zhe Yan had taken much pleasure in sharing their escapades as young men in Kunlun much to the embarrassment of her father and amusement of her mother.  Her giggle brought smiles to both their faces.  Heavenly Mother and Heavenly Father have seated themselves in front of a low table beside the lake.  The fishing gear has disappeared but was replaced with a low table, cushions,  tea and refreshment.  Bai Qian seated herself in front of them at their behest.    Nuwa poured tea for all of them before sitting back in the cushions.

Bai Qian picked up her cup and over the rim of her cup,  she regarded the two deities in front of her.  Her mind wandered to what her family's reaction would be if they could see her now.  Even she could still not wrap her head around being in their presence. 

"Qian Qian as my wife has explained, you have a destiny to fulfill as one of the keys to prevent the destruction of your world and the mortal world.  The others are my sons, one of the dark realm and the one that carries the mark of Nuwa.  You will train here to harness the ancient power that was gifted to you on Daji's death before your return to the immortal realm." 

Bai Qian nodded her head.  She has chosen to accept her destiny but she wants some answers.  "I have some questions if I may?" Both Nuwa and Fuxi smiled and nodded their heads to give her permission to ask her questions.  She cleared her throat which had started to constrict because of her nervousness.  She was afraid that they might consider some of it to be impertinent.   "Who exactly is the enemy? And does the fight have anything to do with the four pillars of heaven? Are your sons not powerful enough to prevent the destruction from happening?  How about Dong Hua Di Jun?  He is the most powerful ancient God alive other than Zhe Yan?" Bai Qian asked in a rush. 

Nuwa and Fuxi looked at each other.  Nuwa inclined her head to Fuxi and subtly nodded.  "The enemy is Kanghui. He was one of the primordial gods who caused the last heavenly war because of his desire to claim the heavenly throne.   He and his lieutenant Xiangyao have been exiled in the depths of the dark abyss after the last heavenly war.  He caused the destruction of the four pillars that my wife sacrificed her life to repair but the repair is not complete.  There is a crack in one of the pillars.  It can be further weakened by blood sacrifices.  Once the pillar falls, Kanghui and his minions will reign destruction in all realms."  Fuxi paused  his account.  He gestured to Nuwa to continue the narrative. 

"My sons, Dong Hua and Zhe Yan are very powerful gods but in order to defeat Kanghui, the combined power of the five elements -  Fire ( huǒ),  Water ( shuǐ), Wood ( mù),  Metal ( jīn), and  Earth ( tǔ) must be used.  You are earth and my sons are fire and water.  Dong Hua has his role to fulfill and his debts to pay to the Fates for his actions at the Rock of Incarnations.   Each of you has to overcome your own trials to strengthen your spirit for the fight ahead.  You and Mo Yuan have passed your trials and Ye Hua is yet to pass his.  The choices that the three of you make from here on will determine the fate of the realms."  Nuwa finished her explanation with a sigh.