"Hey! I missed you!" Kirishima glistened happily, swiveling Katsuki's jaw back to kiss his lips. The tangerine zest of the taller teen's chapstick essentially made Katsuki's melt.

"Shall we start walking?" Kirishima sauntered to the side of Katsuki, clasping his hand in his. Kirishima's softer palms were relaxing and comforting for Katsuki.

The couple started strolling down the street, Kirishima cheerfully chatted away about his day and school work. Katsuki listening closely while paying scrutiny to the scenery and surroundings around him. He never comprehended why he didn't do this frequently.

Until he saw it.

The seductive and lascivious eyes of pro heroes passing by them on their patrol routine. Particular sidekicks getting close to the two boys. Mouthed lewd words left their mouths authorized towards Katsuki.

In moments like these, Katsuki couldn't help but feel he was such a disgusting thing. How much of a slur he truly was. The stinging in his eyes hurt, but he didn't stop blinking to hold them back. He wouldn't dare let them slip through.

|~~~|

Arriving back home, with the quiet lock of the front door, Masaru came rushing out from the living room. Katsuki glimpsed up at him in distress, tensing as he prepared for the impact.

A severe force came down upon his cheek. The burning sensation throbbed on his cheek profusely. Masaru was breathing heavily with a subtle growl from his lungs.

"I'm not allowing you to continue going out with that redhead! Not when you're going to be showing up late, or ignoring needy customers! We need the money—I need the money!"

Katsuki grimaced at Masaru, a revolted look present on his facial expression. Jabbing his hand forward, he didn't dare look back while he walked away from the scene unfolding.

Masaru was in a fit of rage, the resentment boiling deep inside him. "If you continue to date that redhead—I'll ruin his career."

Now that, made Katsuki stop.

Slowly turning around, the blonde stared wide-eyed at his father's proclamation. Before stomping forward in fury. "You wouldn't dare—"

"You think I wouldn't? Remember, how many people know your name in this business? A call or two, and I'll have his career sink right before his eyes. You're seventeen, it's not like this relationship will last."

"I've been with him for two years. I'm not—"

"I never said you have to break up with him. I'm just saying. I'm only a phone call away from destroying any ounce of a dream he once had." the stinging in his eyes seemed so much more notable than before.

Simmering his sockets to such an extent, Katsuki furiously wiped at them. An alarming glare was present on his face until Katsuki soon walked away from his father.

Another minute in that room, and he may have ended up a shattered mess on the marble-like flooring.

|~~~|

The evening air was bitter, the indirect breeze keeping the night alive and dancing. Katsuki peeled off his cubicle skin, nervously fiddling with his fingers. He didn't want to do this, he didn't want to do any of this.

Why as it always him and the ones around who had to suffer for such selfish deeds?

Kirishima's face looked to glow so much brighter under the moon's starry gaze. Twinkles could essentially be discerned within the teen's velvet red pupils.

The warmth intertwined in one another's hands felt incredible. Neither wanted to let go of the warmth that kept them together on such a bitter night. Abruptly, Kirishima's hand slipped out.

Katsuki, in a fit of alarm, looked over in his boyfriend's direction. Face to face with an open box in front of him. Ornaments shined brightly up into his eyes.

Kirishima is on one of his knees with a small smile located on the dimples of his cheeks. Reaching forward to gently hold Katsuki's hand in his own.

"I know we've only been together for two years, but...you've made me so happy in these two years. And we're about to be thirds years, and our lives are going to get so much busier...and I just know, that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

"Someone who has been with me through thick and thin, someone who has made my confidence shoot up, someone who has loved me for me. And I could never thank you enough for what you've done for me.

"Will you marry me?"

His lungs mashed against one another, breathing felt so oblivious at the moment. The luminous aspect of the diamond ring, Kirishima's glossy eyes pleading for a wondering answer.

Katsuki started to choke out a sob, shutting his eyes shut as Kirishima looked at him in worry. "Kat...hey are you ok?—"

"N-No. I don't want to..." sadly comprehending what his love had meant, a bittersweet smile circulated across Kirishima's facial expression. Huddling himself from his one knee, the redhead brought Katsuki into a gentle hug.

The sobs and cries were heard as muffled by Kirishima's chest, the boy soothing and softly shushing Katsuki. "Kat...do you still want to be together?"

With a moment of silence, the rough movement of a shaking head curled Kirishima's smile to a minor frown. Both boys pulled away from one another, the red tear stains evident on Katsuki's reddened cheeks.

"It's ok. You don't have to cry about it, ok? I respect your decision, and will support you and your choices either way, ok? I'll always have a special place for you, Kat. It's ok." swiping the champagne-dyed bangs, Kirishima planted a delicate kiss upon Katsuki's forehead.

A final smile forced upon his face, as Kirishima slowly began to walk away from Katsuki. His hands stuffed deep in his pocket, fingers toyed with the velvet box in his palms.

Suddenly, the moonlight's glimmer didn't seem as sharp and optimistic as it was once before.

|~~~|

"Hey," one of Katsuki's patrol partners came towards him in the agency's locker room. "Are you ok, Your eyes seem puffy, and I saw how red your arms looked—"

"I tripped...I tripped, ok?"

゚˚✧₊⁎( 𝒂n𝒅 𝒇o𝒓 𝒑e𝒕e 𝒊'm 𝒔o 𝒕h𝒂n𝒌f𝒖l )˚✧₊⁎ 。
i know you hear me when I cry
i try to hold it in the night
while you're sleepin' next to me
but it's your arms that I need this time (this time)
words: 1414

゚˚✧₊⁎( 𝒂n𝒅 𝒇o𝒓 𝒑e𝒕e 𝒊'm 𝒔o 𝒕h𝒂n𝒌f𝒖l )˚✧₊⁎ 。i know you hear me when I cryi try to hold it in the nightwhile you're sleepin' next to mebut it's your arms that I need this time (this time)words: 1414