Chapter 4 - "friendly" distractions

Start from the beginning

All the boys raise their eyebrows and look at me with smiles on their faces like they know how I'm going to react, "Aw Payno come on lad!" I throw my head back in disappointment.

Everyone laughs while Liam just looks confused, "What? What's wrong with avocados?"

The lads just chuckle and pat Liam on the back before starting their laps. I nudge Niall and we start to run too leaving Liam behind.

"You're doing extra laps for that Liam!" I shout over my shoulder to which Niall cackles at that.

Liam just shakes his head with a smile before running. We pass by the Holmes Chapel side of the field and I can't help but look over at them. I saw them stretching and quickly searched for Harry. I watched as Harry bent over to touch his toes. Damn! That's a nice view. He looks up and when he sees me staring he smirks a little before winking at me. Oh god I think my heart just stopped beating.

I feel myself trip over my feet but I'm able to catch myself before I fall on my face. I look over to see Harry's still smirking. Niall wraps his arm around me and pulls me up. I notice that Harry's smirk immediately falls when Niall does that.

Before I can overthink about that, Niall speaks up, "Shit Louis, are you okay?"

I tear my eyes away from Harry and look at Niall with a small smile, "Yeah, I'm good. Thanks."

Niall smiles and then let's go of me to continue running. I take one last glance at Harry and his bum, as he's started stretching again, before finally keeping my eyes on the track and running again. I should probably work on ignoring him and the temptation to just stare at him all day. It's going to become quite obvious that I'm attracted to him if I continue to literally fall for him, or I mean fall when I see him.

- :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :) - :)

Practice was distracting to say the least. I kept sneaking little glance over at Harry even though I knew I shouldn't have. I don't think the boys really noticed though as they were really focused on glaring at the Holmes Chapel team. There was a lot of tension going on between the two teams, and with me and Harry too. I mean thank god I wasn't closer to him because my mates would definitely know something's up as they'd be choking on all the tension.

I think it's pretty one sided though as I didn't see Harry looking at me at all. And I would think I would know considering I was looking at him more than practicing. That's probably for the best anyways, since I really can't have my teammates finding out. Maybe knowing it's one sided will help me get rid of this crush. Yeah, maybe.

"Boys!" Niall shouts once practice is over, "Let's all head to the pub tonight!" he beams.

Niall swings his arms around me and Liam and I let out a laugh. The other boys turn to Niall with big smiles. We all agreed to go to Niall's favorite pub around 8 before we began to part ways.

"Louis," Liam says trying to get my attention while we're both still underneath Niall's arms, "Is it cool if I invite a friend?"

I nod immediately, "Of course Liam! You don't need to ask for my permission," I chuckle.

"Yeah I know," he grins at me, "But I wasn't sure if you wanted it to be just a team thing," Liam explains.