Chapter 27 - Once and For All

First of all, I want to apologize very much for the slow update.  I'm busy and I'm going to college this Monday.  So, I don't know when I will update the next chapter.  Soon I will end this story.  I'm going to finish the story no matter what. 
Thanks to all the readers who are still reading my book.  I appreciate it even though there aren't many.

Stay safe and stay healthy!

So now, let's continue...

***************************************

Natalie's P.O.V

"Relax, Natalie. You have to calm yourself." 

"I couldn't help it, Zayn. If you're in danger, I can't just sit still." 

"I know you'll do something to protect me. I trust you, Natalie. So I'm not worried." he smiles softly as he strokes my cheek. "But for tonight, you should be happy. You look so beautiful and you make me feel like I'm the luckiest man in the world." 

I giggle at his words. 

"Why do you think so?" 

"I have a very beautiful bodyguard who always protects and loves me." 

"How do you know I still love you?" 

"You can't deny it." 

"I can. I was asked to stop loving you." 

"But you didn't. I know you still love me because otherwise you wouldn't care about me even though I was in danger." 

"It's my duty to protect you, sir." I say and then get out of bed. 

"I'm sure it's more than that." he says, grabbing my arm. "I understand if you can't accept me anymore now. But at least let me prove to you that I'm sorry for my actions. I shouldn't have done it. How could I be so cruel after all you've gone through because of me, but I'm not asking you to forgive me because I know I don't deserve to be forgiven. I just asked for one more chance for me to fix everything. I know it's not easy, but I won't give up.  I won't give up on you."

I turn my eyes to look at him.

Did he really mean that? Should I give him one last chance?

He looks very sincere and honest this time.

But he's engaged and it hurts me so much.

"Natalie?" 

"I don't know, Zayn." 

"You don't need to give me the answer now. I'll wait for you." 

He will? 

"But for tonight, will you follow me somewhere?" 

"Where are we going?" 

...

"You took me to the maze of your house." I smirk. 

"Yes, I did." he smiles, "Cause I want to do something here with you." 

"What can we do in this maze?" 

"We can dance." he bows and gives me his hand, "Can I have this dance, Natalie?" 

"Come on, Zayn. Readers of this story will get bored if we do the same thing as before."

"Maybe they will, but I'll take the lead this time." 

I kept quiet and stared at him before smiling brightly.

~~

Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you threw it all