CHAPTER XXXV: PEREGRINATION

Začať od začiatku

this made the weight on his shoulders more bearable. he felt like he could breathe easier, knowing his side of the story would be out to not just a couple of people who he relied on to have a 50/50 chance of understanding.. he got the opportunity to speak to a whole audience who knew how bad the situation was.

tommy really shed some light on his true colors of honesty and closure. and not only true colors of him, but everyone else around him—how much he's had to go through to be where he is now with his family. he explained how much threats and manipulation he's gotten from dream just over two discs that held together him and tubbo's friendship. yes, it sounded wholesome and kind of dumb, but in reality, they were valuable items, and were claimed as tommy and tubbo's property only. it was considered illegal for anyone to steal them anyways.

of course, with dream's mind and ingenuity, he didn't just steal them. he weaved a purposeful web of events. he created a war between l'manburg and greater dream smp. it was a stunning revelation to stumble upon, the court being in silence for what felt like longer than it was supposed to. that's when the judge realized that dream was more dangerous than people could see on the outside.

as much as the judge wanted to give dream the death penalty, they weren't allowed to. some royal authorities still needed him alive for political resolve. after all, he was the original founder of dream smp—including the land of manberg. he got into some sticky situations where he signed contracts, and unknowingly rose to power behind people's backs. it was sneaky of him really. were those endeavors considered illegal? no. it was the things that he did knowing he had that much power that made his crimes much more irreversible.

once the testimonies finally came to a close, and the judge got the gavel ready in their hand, their gaze fell upon the entire crowd of mixed emotions under one dome-shaped courthouse, trying to comprehend what the future was going to look like. then they sighed, knowing it was probably better off like this. "dream... i sentence you to life in prison in a maximum security prison.. pandora's box." the judge said, making the audience slightly gasp.

pandora's box was a name used only in myths and fairytales. that's why it was given to the prison that was rotting off on a very distant island, but still part of the dream smp. it held the worse criminals in history, its cells not having been at full capacity ever since [insert a year here]. now dream will be part of those prisoners, having to deal with long-time consequences and visits to fix rather unpleasant deals he made with past royal authorities. another thing he had to deal with as well was not seeing you ever again.

"and also, on behalf of tommy innit, i'd like to revoke his exile from manberg. if this cannot be legally sorted today, i would like to request a trial just for him." tommy's eyes visibly perked up, him excitedly looking to the side at tubbo and phil with a genuine smile on his face. the audience recognized this and smiled with him, clapping and cheering loudly in agreement.

it wasn't the first time courthouses found justice for others. this time around though, it felt more endearing as tommy's side was revealed and people were able to gain the incite that they weren't getting while king was ruling. not only that, but now tommy felt closer to his family despite wilbur being gone. and his family in return felt freier, not having to worry about the ruins of pogtopia, nor going out in public to be faced with unruly judgements from weird stares. everything felt cleared up. nothing prejudiced.

once the gavel hit the sound block, an obvious success in both endeavors, the audience felt relieved, and especially the jury, felt relieved to see both sides getting justice. as dream was getting taken away, people spared him a blank glance with a smile on their faces. of course those smiles were directed at tommy and his family. dream just felt like an apparition, walking away from purgatory's judgement, being escorted out of the courthouse with guards practically taped to his side.

DREAM'S IN PRISON AND JUSTICE FOR TOMMY INNIT POG.

CHAPTER SOUNDTRACK.
DREAMS FROM YESTERDAY - MAC DEMARCO.
this song basically feels like losing something you could never get back, and that's also explained in the lyrics. it reflects on dream's feelings, the situation he got himself in being irreversible.

PREVIEW LYRICS.
Once your dreams
Come knocking at your door
It's time to realize
You aren't dreaming anymore
And once your life, is set to settle down
Take a look around you
No more dreaming to be found
So why, then, are you crying?
It was you who denied them
And no amount of tears
Could roll back all the years
Bring back all your dreams from yesterday

——-                       ——-                       ——-

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
i hope i'm not having a creative burnout again. i still need to revise the epilogue and some bonus chapters.

i felt like this chapter feels very loose and empty, and that basically reflects dream's feelings. i also feel like at this point, the story's at its closing so its hard to shove any new details in.

w.c.: 1.4k+