We're Late

The two men sat in silence as the shock of what just happened settled into their minds. Laurent had goose bumps on his arms from the sudden confession, not knowing what to do he just sat there... Processing the information. Larry noticed his brother was shivering slightly and thought it was due to the breeze, so he turned on the car and pushed a button to close the window, then switched off the ignition again... Feeling very weery of how Laurent would react next.

Laurent sat up straight and turned his body slightly to face his twin and addressed him as gently as he could.

Lau: "Larry... You know I love you, but I don't know how to feel about this"

Larry was eager to respond, feeling better at the fact that his brother wasn't yelling at him.

Larry: "Yeah I know.... It's a lot, but I had to tell you how I feel and just think, now that you know, it's gonna be better for us"

Lau: "It's more than a lot... Larry you my twin and you got feelings for me... That's..."

Larry: "what? wrong?.. Disgusting?.. Fucked up?... I know that already, but I don't wanna hear that from you Lau"

Lau: "Larry that's not what I-.."

Larry wasn't giving Laurent a chance to talk and just continued.

Larry: "I know it's big and I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth before, I was just so scared you would judge me or leave me... I don't even know why cause you wouldn't judge me right?.. But I'm gonna make this right, for lying to you, I'm gonna make it up to you I just... I didn't wanna loose you, I can't loose you Lau, so please forgive me"

Lau: "Larry listen to me, I know this was hard for you to tell me...(sigh) I really thought I knew you better than I know myself Larry, but this, Its just... I think I just need time... Ok?"

Larry stayed silent and thought about Laurent's words wondering what "time" meant. Did he need time to come to terms with it?, or did he need time to figure out if he hated this?. Now that everything was out in the open he wanted answers too. Did Laurent think of him the same way or not?. Larry wanted to know how his brother felt.

Larry: *... You think less of me?*

Larry thought the words in his mind because he just couldn't open his mouth to say them, just incase Laurent gave him an answer he didn't want to hear. The question wasn't directed at his brother, but he knew Laurent heard it... Larry convinced himself that he would eventually try to push aside the mental rejection if it came to that, but he also knew that if Laurent said those words out loud, it would become a painful memory he would never live down.

Lau: "Larry..."

His brother kept his head down not wanting to hear anything that would break his heart

Lau: *Look at me Larry*

Larry slowly turned his head towards Laurent, and felt his mind begin to fill with energy and the same familiar warmth only his twin could provide. Larry looked into his eyes and the expression on his face nearly broke Laurents heart. Larry however didn't see any anger or resentment in his twins features... In fact he didn't see any expression that would make him sad. Laurent smiled and grabbed his brothers hand in his and gently rubbed his thumb over Larry's knuckle in reassurance, then sighed.

Lau: "I think we should go slow with this and maybe even go to therapy. I know it's not something we do... But, It might be the right thing cause we have to talk to somebody about this... Larry I don't really know how to help you"

Larry furrowed his brows and felt a pang of hurt cross his chest and retracted his hand..

Larry: "Lau I'm not crazy, or sick, I know you felt it too... You know it's real... Why we gotta go to therapy for that?"