Chapter Twenty- Three

Start from the beginning

"The dog is quite like their master, so hostile and aggressive for such a little thing,"

"Where am I?" Questioned Colette when Isabella had put the distance back between them.

"Italy, for now," she answered and Colette's eyes bulged. She stood up straighter.

"How-"

"Because I needed to bring you somewhere my seed wouldn't be able to find you until the council came to their decision about you because like I said everyone was reprimanded or at least they will be."

"Did you at least listen to anything that was said in the hearing or were you too busy ruminating on how to kidnap me and sabotage Adira?"

"I heard enough to know that you exposed your powers and that, young girl, is a very serious crime in this world. Do you know what happened to the people that saw you expose those questionable powers of yours?" Isabella queried and truly Colette hadn't a clue so she stayed quiet.

"Exactly. Adira sheltered you from it when she should've told you exactly what happened. She held things from both you and the council. The humans who saw you had their lives taken from them because they refused to be silenced. The man who allegedly attacked you was the only one who took the inducement,"

Colette gasped.

"And even he was left in a mental state almost similar to that of a child after Marabel and the other elders were done with him. He saw too much and that was because of you and I must also add, the people who were present will be hostile towards you for causing there to be another human in the citadel."

"I did not intentionally expose my abilities. I was attacked by that man. He tried to hurt me," Colette said and the older devil saw the tears that welled up in her eyes.

"If I had known that incident at the restaurant would've caused the situation at the hearing to escalate I wouldn't have taken Oliver anywhere,"

"The deed is already done, now you must face the consequences of that night,"

Isabella started to slip her heels off her feet and when she did she was still significantly taller than Colette.

The woman tossed the black stilettos to the floor and when she did the brunette studied them.

"Enrique," the older devil called and her voice rang out within the silence. It left the girl wondering who the woman was calling for.

It only took several seconds for a tall, dark figure to enter the room and when he did, the man bowed quickly at the older devil. He was taken aback that his master was home so soon but he replaced his annoyance with a stone cold exterior like he'd trained himself to do.

Colette scrutinized him— he was dressed in a black cloak with a series of necklaces around his neck. Enrique seemed young but very fatigued because there were bags beneath his eyes. He looked at her and Colette saw that even he was intrigued.

"Good evening mistress," he said in an accent.

"I need you to fetch me a glass of wine and also bring one for our guest,"

"I don't need wine," answered Colette.

"No? Then what will you have?" Asked the older woman, perking a defined brow up in the air.

"Perhaps a cup of tea, water, juice, anything?" She questioned further but Colette was adamant in giving her a hard time. The girl chose silence and she even stepped further away from Isabella.

The look on the woman's face as she did that was of amusement rather than anger.

"Fine, I'll decide something for you. She'll have a cup of tea,"

Enrique bowed and was gone in a second and at his absence, Colette studied Isabella with a scowl.

"I don't need you ordering things for me to consume, besides I don't even trust you enough to breathe the same air as you,"

"That's cute and I don't need you telling me what to do." Countered the devil. She walked over to Colette, staring down into her face. The brunette burned a bright red, not because of flattery but because she was angry and ashamed. She felt like dirt due to the way Isabella's gaze lingered. It felt like the woman was staring into her soul with those pale eyes, it felt like she was reading from the pages of her soul, seeing all the things she'd done and or would do and judging her based on it.

"One thing you will soon come to learn and rather quickly is that I am not my daughter. I do not leave room for the opinions of others. I do not care for such trivial things. I know what I want and I will do such. I gave you an option and you refused which meant that now I get to make that decision for you since you would rather choose difficulty,"

"I would like to leave," reiterated Colette. She swallowed the bulk in her throat, blinking back tears at the woman's stringent words.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but this is where home is at this point. That is until we come to a decision in regards to you," stated Isabella. She moved away from Colette, ignoring the girl from that point onwards.

And when Enrique came back he handed the woman a glass of wine to which she takes and sits in a seat. She crossed her legs, never taking her eyes from Colette. She took a generous sip, allowing the dark brew to ease into her stream. 

The young girl jumps when the young warlock came to her, handing over a steaming cup of tea to which she refused.

"Even if you don't want to drink from it at least take it before she gets angry," he whispered and the girl was shocked to hear him be so kind enough to warn her. 

"Maybe you should listen to him, he knows me well," the deal devil decided to interrupt. She didn't look at the two humans but she knew they were looking her way.

Of course, after several seconds of quietness and defiance, Colette took the cup after placing Lottie on the floor.

The woman's squire quickly exited the room and as he left Colette took the tea over to a table where she sat, observing Isabella. The woman was savouring the taste of her wine and also gathering her thoughts and at that moment, in the silence, the woman appeared to be so human and relaxed.

How was someone so physically astonishing so miserable and wicked the girl asked herself.

And in a heartbeat, as if the woman could read her thoughts Isabella glanced in Colette's direction causing the young girl to accidentally spill her tea, wincing at the sting of the hot liquid that splashed against her fingers.

"Are you always this clumsy?"

The young girl pouted angrily rather than respond and at her childishness, the older devil rolled her eyes.

"She just had to choose the slowest, clumsiest one among the humans didn't she?" Isabella asked rhetorically.

The woman scratched a scarred brow, never taking her eyes away from the girl who also studied her. Truly what was she going to do now that she had the human? She couldn't kill it or harm it, could she?

Could she?