After they had finished their meal and Sizhui was done recounting his day, Wei Ying asked,
" Sizhui, can you tell me about your nighthunts in the Meili territory ? "
" Hm. But which one Wei qianbe? We went there two times."
" In which one Lan Zhan was injured ?"
" Uh..the second one."
" Tell me about it. "

-------

Walking towards the Jingshi while twirling Chenqing, Wei Ying wished he could go somewhere to dispose of his anger.

Is there a limit to which you can get angry and then explode ? Can anyone forgive for life ? How much can we forget, before the past comes for us again ? Is the world always cruel to the honest ?

Wei Wuxian finds that the answer to these questions are quite simple.

Yes, enough.

A certain image comes to his mind on these thoughts, solidifying the answers and giving them gravity.

A whisk of baby blue, a strip of white
Blended together in time,
Who can mourn the loss of nothing
Who can call the song of nothing
One can admire many things,
But who can admire only being ?

Wei Wuxian finds that he doesn't dare to tread the unknown when faced with such a person. He is willing to sacrifice everything for one sight of pure white, but he won't risk a second on the same snowy sight.

One can find hundreds of shades of white, indifferenciable at first glance. But Wei Ying finds that he likes, no loves only one white-snowy white, the pure white.

" Lan Zhan..."

------

" Wangji, was it worth the pain ?"

Lan Xichen had always known his brother was a private person. He knew and understood why Wangji shied away from every public interaction, choosing to spend his time cultivating and engaging in scholarly activities.

The cold Jade. The Master of Blank Face.
Second Cold Master Lan.

He had heard all. And Lan Xichen knows, probably more than people think he would. He knows and understands almost all of his didi's microexpressions.
Being an elder brother and practically raising your younger sibling does that to you.

You know, you understand, you try, you accept, you guide, you compromise, you advice, you protect and most importantly, you shield and love.
Being an elder is no joke and takes more effort than one could tell.

But does he understand the person lying in front of him now ? Does Lan Xichen know this version of his brother like he should? Does he understand this side of his brother like he took pride in when they were seven and Lan Xichen was the one whom Wangji, a soft cheeked small child then, would come to in search of comfort ?

No, I don't.

Lan Xichen thinks dimly as he wipes that bare forehead full of sweat.

Someone else does now, far better than me.

Some questions are never supposed to answered. Some waters better left undisturbed. You may venture as far as you wish, but uncovering every bit is not a wise thing.