CHAPTER XXXI: ETERNITY

Start from the beginning

once dream felt more confident, he devised a plan: he was gonna go back in time and make sure techno goes down first so he could finally have you to himself. first, he practiced traveling to random timelines, going in the past and future. when he got back, he realized the descriptions in the book were correct. the only reason why time travel sucked was because it takes up a lot of energy.

so he relaxed, requesting an energy drink to boost his awareness and so he could stay awake. he didn't care if he looked suspicious anymore now that he utilized the power of time travel. who knew karl had such a power. too bad he won't have it any longer dream thought to himself, smirking while he sipped on his caffeine-infused beverage, his heart beat unknowingly increasing.

after a very long while of thought and scribbling random things on his notepad, dream got bored. the more awake he felt, the more eagerness brewed in his stomach. he knew what to do, and how to execute it. he could do it right now.

dream sighed, a grin stretching out on his lips. he stood up, staring at the working clock that he put back on the wall. he watched the clock's hands tick by with intent, reviewing the plan he made mentally. once he felt ready, he took a deep breath and reached over from the bed, grasping the time traveling book and storing it in his inventory.

he started up his chronograph, looking down at his wrist with glistening eyes while he saw the expected purple and green sparks fly out of the device. he did a quick time dilation equation in his head, trying his best to pinpoint the correct time, dialing it on the chronograph.

when he felt very certain that what he did was correct, he waited for the clock's hands to tick on the right time before pressing down on the chronograph. a purple spiral-like warp instantly appeared and took dream away, his figure disappearing from the hotel room.

——- ——- ——-

" W-WHAT ARE YOU gonna do to me?" y/n sputtered out, slightly hyperventilating. upon hearing their voice, dream's senses automatically adjusted to the environment, looking down at y/n's figure restrained to a chair in the grey enclosure.

dream's grin grew so wide, feeling the release of dopamine pumping through him. this wasn't the exact spot he wanted to rewind to, but he was ecstatic nevertheless. he leaned down towards you, stroking your cheek with his thumb, hearing his heavy breathing from underneath his mask.

"you look so adorable.. i can't help it. i was gonna give you a good punishment for leaving me that last time. i don't know who helped you.." as he went on the same tangent he already spoke like it was a script, dream took out the same pocket knife he used on you last time, the blade blaring underneath the light.

"but you aren't supposed to leave here. that's the rules, princess. it looks like you didn't learn." he said sternly, slowly directing the knife right at your cheekbone while he tightly held your jaw still in his other hand that he was previously using to caress your other cheek.

right when the blade grazed your cheek, dream's focus was locked on. he knew this was his time to shine. that's when the steel door in the back broke open off its hinges.

without wasting a second, dream already turned around, throwing his knife directly at technoblade. the knife hit techno square in the shoulder, prompting the pink-haired man to groan in pain, still trying to pull the trigger on his crossbow despite not checking where he was aiming.

dream put his arm out, catching the weakening arrow. he spun the arrow within his fingers, throwing it right back at the speed of lightning. the arrow hit karl directly in the stomach, the painful, venom-like enchantment coursing through his blood vessels.