6

kate and simon arrive at our house.

"that stupid sunnyvaler broke into the house i was babysitting in" kate says as she walks towards the dining table.

"what the fuck" i say. "deena!" i yell hoping she would come fast.

josh was already sitting at the table before she had arrived.

"why would he break in there what was he doing" deena says as she walks back and forth.

"he was acting all shifty and shit like going through the laundry." simon tells us.

"all shifty and shit?" i whisper to simon with a smile on my face. he laughs quietly.

"he broke into the house! he had a knife!" kate says.

"with the kids there? thats wack." josh says.

"that's fucking right josh" kate says. "it is wack. thank you."

i can tell josh was blushing just by looking at him.

deena grabs the keys and we all follow her.

we walk into the hospital through the emergency entrance. kate asks for nurse beddy.

as beddy arrives he says, "see you're still totting around with this moron" looking at simon.

"she can't quit me beddy. im too pretty!" he says.

i look at him and smile.

we all wait in the lobby as deena goes in to see sam.

"you want anything from the machine? im starving" kate says while walking towards the vending machines.

we all get loads of candy thanks to josh and his nerdy studies. i figured this was a good moment to talk to simon.

"so do you wanna hangout at my house after this?" i ask him. sometimes he spends the night and sleeps in josh's room.

"is that even a question. yes but can i borrow a shirt? mine is kind of covered in blood and its ripped" he says to me.

"yeah sure anything else your highness" i say to him smiling

"maybe some cookies too. oh and some juice"

"i hate you" i say to him while laughing. "seriously though, hospitals are the creepiest places at night."

"i know but if we die, we die together right?"

"right"

as we finish talking to eachother we hear deena yelling. we turn to see her and sam running from something or someone. from an opposite direction i see that same skull mask person running after them. simon grabs me by the arm and pulls me toward him while running the way deena and sam came from. kate and josh are running behind us with full hands of candy.

we all look for the keys while standing by an exit.

"come on. the ambulance" kate says pulling me.

we all run towards the closest ambulance to us.

"simon, if i die tonight. know that i've had a crush on you since forever" i say, trying to look at simon while running.

we get in the ambulance and start driving. we pull in to the exit where we heard screaming. it was deena and sam. we're all yelling for deena to come but for a second she just stood there.

"deena! lets go!" i yell.

they both come running towards the ambulance looking terrified.

kate starts the ambulance and drives towards the closest police station.

"we should not be this close to a police station in a stolen ambulance" simon says.

"what else are we supposed to do? we're hiding in plain sight we'll be fine. plus we almost just died so who cares?" i say to him still scared out of my mind.

josh brings up how us hiding in plain sight is similar to ted bundy. he's weird and sometimes i hate calling him my brother.

kate asks josh about his knowing on killers. i used to like learning and knowing about killers too. i would be downstairs for hours with josh every morning and every night. we would barely get sleep but we would know so much. when he started learning about the shadyside witch i stopped. didn't think it was cool or funny to make up a lie about someones death, or to correspond it with some old myth.

"didn't he get caught, though?" kate asks.

"Well, no. Well, yeah but-" josh responds, not knowing what to say.

"whatever. i'm just gonna take a leak" simon says walking away from the ambulance.

we stare at him as he walks away. 

"so why do you know so much about killers?" kate asks josh with a confused and concerned look on her face.

"know thy enemy, right?" josh responds. 

i can tell kate was concerned about him. usually people you meet don't know so much about killers, unless they are one.