Chapter nine: Explosion

SIMON AND I WERE THE FIRST ONES DONE GETTING CHANGED AND WE WAITED OUTSIDE THE BATHROOMS. I paced up and down the hallway, Simon stood with his back against the wall as he bit his nails.

"Hey. Hey, hey!" His voice got louder with each one before he resorted to grabbing the belt hoops on my shorts I now wore, pulling me closer to his body. "We're gonna be fine." He quietly told me.

"I'm so scared ,Si."

Simon now wore a blue knit sweater that was loose and baggy. It fell down his shoulders and showed a lot of his back and the hair on his chest. He also wore a pair of bright, not so subtle orange trousers with it.

"I know." He dragged his thumb across my cheek. "But we'll be fine. And after all of this, I'll take you home to your mum."

Cutting our intimate moment short, Kate and Josh exited the bathroom they had gone into the get changed. The two of them had a certain look on their faces, making mine drop in realisation.

"No!" Simon teased, smiling.

"Calm down." Kate told him, "it was barely first base."

Just then, Deena and Sam joined us, the same almost shameful expression.

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. Did you...all go to pound town?" Simon asked them teasingly, gesturing to each of them as he waved his hand around.

Going from the shared look amongst the group, the answer was yes.

A cheeky yet sweet smile grew on the blond's lips. "Us too." He told them with an innocent tone, earning a gently hit in the chest from me.

|||

The final part of the plan was being set with Simon and I brushing down Sam's blood on the floors of the school corridors whilst Josh did the gym hall.

As we painted down the blood, the eery singing of a certain Ruby Lane echoed down the hallway. I tugged at Simon's sweater, making his head turn to see the creepy yet somehow attractive girl. Suddenly, he had grabbed my hand, pulling me down the corridor and towards the others.

He skidded as we came to halt outside the bathroom where Sam was hiding it one of the cubicles to lure the killers in.

"Dude! She's here! We saw her! She was...she was so sexy, but fucking crazy still!" Simon panicked, "she was doing it! Following the blood trails!"

"It's working." Kate stated.

"Guys, Skull Mask, three o'clock." I nodded down the corridor at the man in all black and bones walking slowly down towards us.

I held onto Simon's hand, pulling him so we were flat against the wall. Ruby's singing was heard again as she came into eye sight, Simon muttering her name and his grip on my hand tightening.

"This is so dumb. If this doesn't work, i will murder you!" Kate gritted her teeth as she looked to Deena who stood the other side of the bathroom door frame.

A door shut down the other corridor, making our heads turn. The axe killer of Camp Nightwing was dragging his feet along behind him before he held his axe in two hands, breaking into a run down the corridor.

"They're all here." Deena was shaking.

I held my breath as the killers went right past us all, going into the bathroom as we had hoped. The plan was still working, for now.

Simon pulled the bathroom door shut once all three of them were inside, the rest of us securing it shut as Sam clambered through the vent. With Sam's 'good for go', Deena dropped a lighter onto the gas we had poured over the blood and in the bathroom, all of running for cover.