Chapter 1 ∞ Hit And Run

Edited

Jack Gilinsky

On my first day of freshman year almost four years ago, my best friend, Nash Grier and I stood outside of our huge new school, Everton High.

Nash was paying attention to the building more than anything else. He ran his fingers through his chocolate brown hair, while staring up at the clean, orange tinged brick walls. Everton High was relatively new, it had been maybe two or three years since the building was first erected and prepared for the next generation. I could understand his awe to some extent since not many kids had the opportunity to go to a brand-spanking-new school and leave their mark early on.

As interesting as the exterior architecture was, I had my attention set on something else. The students. It was a culture shock to say the least. By my last year of junior high, almost every student was familiar to me, thus making them utterly unattractive. The students here were different; they were new and came from all different feeder schools from around the community. The first group of them, that we had managed to catch a glimpse of, were a group of three males, probably seniors, exiting an old model of Toyota Corolla. One quick glance was all I needed to conclude that they were triplets, all three sporting sandy blond hair and lips as red as cherries. They seemed straight out of a Ralph Lauren ad.

"Nash, look at all these boys!" I said excitedly whilst tugging on the sleeve of my best friend's freshly pressed blue Calvin Klein polo. We had both come out of the closet to our eighth grade class a few months prior to starting at Everton, so, unsurprisingly Nash whipped his head around, trying to find the aforementioned boys.

"I think we'll like it here; with all these fine specimens of the male form around, you'll have a ball... or rather, a museum, since you can look but you'll never ever touch." He mocked me condescendingly, chuckling quietly in the process.

"Oh man, I want all three of them in my bed tonight." I held onto his arm for stability as I did my best to refrain from drooling all over the place. Pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose, Nash pulled me along so that we could finally enter our new school.

"Please! You? Jack I-Remind-The-Teacher-About-Homework Gilinsky? There is no way on earth that any of these beautiful boys would date you, even if you paid them," Nash said while watching the backside of a tan, brown haired boy as he walked by.

"Oh, Nashley! Have you forgotten that I am one of the smoothest human beings alive. My confidence and suavity are like a magnet to most. I bet any of these guys would love to get it on with a charming dude like me." I mused cockily before stumbling over the laces of my Skechers tennis shoes.

"Bite your tongue, young Gilinsky. You know how seriously I take bets, don't you?" He smirked.

"Oh, I know. In sixth grade you bet me 25 dollars to kiss you, thanks for stealing my first kiss by the way, and on the first day of eighth grade you bet that I wouldn't blow you for 100 bucks."

"125 dollars well spent." He cocked an eyebrow and smiled sleazily.

"You know what, since you're down to throw your money around... I bet that I can get every homosexual boy, who's out of the closet, at this school to get with me before we graduate." I crossed my arms and straightened my posture to insinuate that I was serious. I remember that Nash seemed intrigued at first.

"And if you don't?" He challenged. I had to stop and think for a moment. How much money can I make in three years?

"I'll owe you three thousand dollars. Vice-versa if I win." The statement lit an emotional fire within myself, filling my being with the warmth of purpose.