13.[Where His Goddess, Finds Comfort in The Thunder]

Start from the beginning

"Phoebe I—-"

"This is exactly what he said, Roses are red, sometimes tulips be white. All I really want is fa' Phoebe to be laid up in ma' bed at night." I chuckled thinking of when he said it, like it was the greatest thing to mankind. I could see him dropping the microphone now, waiting on a standing ovation.

"Phoebe! Love." She reached out her hand to me.

"No!" I shouted. "No. Please. Can't you see by now how he affects me? If he finds out, that I knew all along about his brother, he may stop loving me and I can't have that. I won't." I pointed my finger at her, feeling insane. I sighed.

"Phoebe, I'm going to tell him, when he comes back." I eyed her. To see if she was being dishonest.  I didn't plan on telling her about Chad, coming up here to see me in about another week. I didn't want to tell her, I wanted to make sure that Chad knew, I was the one who wanted August to know him. I really do. I would never want to keep anything like that from him.

I just can't understand how she could've kept that hidden from August for almost 20 years. Not to mention, Travis and his cousin sneak, sneakers, snickers whatever his name was knew as well. I didn't want to be in the same boat as they were.

"That's three entire weeks from now. The guilt is wearing on me. I talk to him everynight, and we both know I can't lie." I sighed. "Why did you have to tell me this? I feel so responsible."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stress you. You think the guilt is tearing me apart? I've been keeping it for so long. I just couldn't let August be disappointed once again with the story of his father, he had another son years later, when we were already apart. How was I supposed to know he would do this and not see it fit to introduce them?" She frowned.

"It's not your fault entirely. Why didn't you just tell him when you found out?" I asked.

"August and I weren't on the best terms. He was still angry at me. We only worked out our differences, because of Kaitlyn and because of his music career. Or he would've held that grudge against me until now." She shook her head. "I just can't lose him again." She began tearing up.

"I understand." I reached out and held her arm.

"I have all my family, Travis and Tima just had a baby.  Kaitlyn and August, Sneak, and now you. I don't want them to separate again. Travis and August don't always get along."

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Different fathers, sometimes cause different bonds. Hot heads always bump."

"I understand. I've been visiting someone to help me not succumb to depression, because of my miscarriage and not knowing my real parents and so forth and I have to share what I am feeling and she is encouraging me, to tell him."

I closed my eyes, remembering what she told me. "If I don't tell him he'll be even angrier with me Mrs. Sheila. You may not understand, but August is the only thing that can make me so angry yet so amused at the same time. He's my lover and me keeping so many things from him, it's beginning to eat me up on the inside." I said .