• 5 •

I munched on my salad while my gaze kept going back and forth between Thalia and Soobin. I was slightly embaressed when our eyes meet.

"Soobin", she started and pointed with her fork at him. "How about you tell him how we met?"

Before Soobin was able to answer her, I shook my head quickly. "It's totally fine. I don't need to know that. It's his privacy."

"And yet you wonder who I am and why he never mentioned me. Well, the thing with me is that I bring a lot of problems. So when I became close friends with Soobin, I told him to keep it a secret. Especially after I found out that he became an Idol. I didn't wanted to be the reason why his career would end. Speaking of which, I've seen the performance at the weekend. You guys killed it. I'm proud of you."

Soobin smiled wide after the compliment she gave made. "We practiced really hard for it. It's good to see that people loved it."

She leaned a bit back. "Of course people loved it. It was really good. I must admit, I loved Yeonjun's part."

I looked at her a little surprised. "Oh, uhm, thank you." A soft giggle escaped my lips.

"Careful, we don't want to feed his ego."

"Yaaah!" I huffed at him. "She just proofed that she got good taste."

She laughed softly. "So that's what you meant when you told me that you struggle sometimes. Don't be too hard with them. You know very well how good it feels when someone praises your hard work. Or do I have to remind you of all those times I flustered you?"

"Aish, you're evil." He pouts slightly and kept eating.

"Finally you realized it." She grinned slightly. "Is he treating you all good? Or is he too strict?"

I quickly looked at Soobin. "He's a really good Leader. He takes good care of all of us and makes sure we're all healthy. Of course he can be a bit strict sometimes but that's normal."

"Glad to hear he's taking good care of you guys." She checked her phone when her expressions suddenly changed.

"Is everything okay?" Soobin asked her slightly concerned.

"Yeah, just gotta check something." She got up from her seat. "Finish your lunch. We'll meet in the hall." And then she ran back inside.

"What do you think happened?", I asked Soobin.

"My guess is Claire. I hope I'm wrong. Thalia really doesn't need more problems."

"Should we go and check on her? Just in case?"

"Yeah, let's do that." He quickly finished his meal and went back inside with me.

We walked through the hallway when we heard a lot of students talking. It was lunchbreak so it was normal for them to chit chat. We passed them and went inside the hall. We just came in the right moment. Claire and the other Cheerleaders were insulting Thalia.

Soobin quickly got between them. I pulled Thalia to the side, into a hug. Her entire body was shaking. This was exactly what I didn't wanted to witness.

"I think it's a good moment for you to leave now, Claire."

"You don't get to tell me what to do or not Soobin. You've made your decision and it was clearly the wrong one." She laughed slightly. "Thalia isn't as harmless as she might look. Just wait until you find out the truth about her."

"There's the door, leave." He said again, this time in a less friendly tone.

"We'll see us in class Thalia." She stormed off the hall with her minions.

I still had Thalia in my arms. As I pulled away, I quickly checked on her to see if she got hurt. And she did. Claire must have slapped her. Her cheek was colored in a bright red.

She realized that I saw what happened and quickly covered her face. "It's nothing." She mumbled softly.

"Lia, are you okay? What did she do to you this time?" Soobin was just as worried as me. She clearly wasn't okay.

"Nothing. Let's just leave it. We got work to do."

He gently grabbed her arm and made her face him. A soft sigh escaped his lips when he saw her face. "That's what you call nothing? Lia, she hurted you. That's not okay. You don't have to play it down."

"I'm used to it, okay? Not the first and last time."

"Miss Park!", the director stepped inside the hall.

"Excuse me." She walked over to him. "How can I help? Is something wrong?"

"I'd like you to leave for today. I've heard that you and Miss Jules had another fight."

"But I...Claire came here with the cheerleaders and told me it's an emergency. So I came to see what the matter was. She was the one attacking me for no reasons. As always."

"It doesn't matter who attacked who Miss Park. The fights are getting out of control. Take the day off. Come back tomorrow and continue the preperations for the festival."

"Yes, director." She said softly and turned around to grab her stuff. "Let's leave guys..." She pulled us out of the building. "Thanks for the help today. I really appreciate it. And it was good to see you again after such a long time."

"Wait, what's happening right now?"

"I'm done for today. Got a day off because of little miss perfect."

"This girl gets on my nerves."

"Let her be my problem. You guys should go back home. I'm sure you two have a lot of work waiting."

"Are you going to be okay? I really don't want you to be left alone like this."

"I'll be fine. If I need something, I'll text you." She hugged Soobin tightly before she hugged me as well. "Thank you." She whispered to me before letting go. "We'll see us."

Me and Soobin just watched her walk off. We shouldn't have left her alone. She was clearly hurt and angry. But there was nothing we could have done to help her. I just hope she'll get better soon.