I eyed my work and formed a silent 'perfect' with my lips, before overdrawing that line on my forearm. My hand shook a little. The adrenaline in my veins kicked with the thought of what happened the last time I was about to do it. I placed my self-made-needle-thing on my sketch and looked around myself for a short moment to make sure Harry was fully asleep and unable to interrupt me in my doing again.

He breathed calmly. Eyes closed and with a satisfied smile on his plump lips.

His blissful sight made me turn back relaxed. The thin metal lay unchanged at the same spot on my skin.

I pushed all the air out of my lungs to breathe in again afterwards, pressing down my tool with merciless willpower.

I silently groaned in pain, quiet enough not to wake Harry up. -The piece of wire did not have a sharp top point; it also was way too big. I realized that going on at this point wouldn't make sense in anyway.

A small trickle of blood ran down my arm from the single new puncture side

Not again I thought, grabbing a tissue paper from my windowsill and pressing it on the extensively reddened area of my forearm-skin.

Had I been alone, I would have been loudly upset about my own stupidity at this moment.

However, I suppressed the outburst of anger by violently biting my lower lip, but only until I felt a warm, metallic-tasting liquid that mixed with my saliva.

The taste of my own blood made me choke. The disgust caused goosebumps all over my body.

I left my own room, almost in an escaping manner and hurried to the sink, not without closing the bathroom door first.

I crouched over the basin and spat all and any liquid out of my mouth. Heavy breathing. Teary eyes from the gags, more or less regularly coming up my throat.

I did not allow myself to vomit.

After minutes of struggling, the bleeding finally stopped. I rinsed my mouth with some water and looked at myself in the mirror.

I wasn't sure whether it really was over now, or not.

A few moments later I finally got out of my bent over posture, my knees unstable and shaky, but I ignored that.

I just decided to push the event out of my memories and go on with that day as casually as possible. -When I left the bathroom again, I put on a carefree expression and strolled down the stairs.

I heard Lottie's cute giggle from the living room and it smelled like food. Probably lasagne, or some kind of casserole with cheese, I guessed

I saw the shoes of my sister's boyfriend in the hallway and was secretly delighted by that fact.

His name was Mason and he was in teaching to be a chef which made him super sympathetic from the first moment. He also treated my little sister pretty well and I was happy for her to finally be happy again.

Lottie had been really affected by our mom's death and it practically destroyed me, seeing her suffer so much.

I entered the living room.

"Hey there."

I smirked by realizing that I just interrupted them in their passionate kiss.

Startled, they broke their kiss apart abruptly.

"Nah, just go on." I grinned amused and gestured with my hand to clarify my statement.

"Hey mate." Mason greeted and ignored my sassy comment on their action.

Lottie looked really upset in the first moment, then the left corner of her mouth raised into a smugly smile. "Already finished? Was it one-sided or was it equally good for both?"

Confidently, she glared at me challengingly. Mason's look showed how confused he was.

"Not so loud, he's sleeping." I reprimanded my sister and let her believe in her belief, which I wasn't sure if she really was serious or just wanted to show me off.

-One way or another I played her game along.

"Oho." She raised a lazy brow at me and wanted to start going on with her speaking.

However, she was interrupted by a high-pitched beeping.

Mason jumped up straight away and hurried into the kitchen. Lottie and I shot each other battling glances for a short moment, but were called then.

Shortly afterwards, the three of us were sitting at the living room table, each with a plate of steaming broccoli pasta casserole in front of us, and searching for a film that we all liked on Netflix.

I had repeatedly said that I really didn't want to disturb them on their date, but both Mason and Lottie insisted on my presence.

Mason really understood his trade. This meal was the best I had eaten in the past few weeks.

"Damn Mason, so good." I praised him, for what he acknowledged with a satisfied smile.

I first looked at the clock and then longingly into the hall when I put the empty plate in front of me.

Somehow, I was hoping Harry had woken up and would now take me out of here, or at least keep me his company. Mason and Lottie snuggled up against each other and I felt uncomfortably alone.

It wasn't until the end credits of the film were running that I heard the crunch of the floorboards from above.

I sat up straight away and looked at the open living room door in which shortly afterwards a yawning Harry stood.

He looked around a little disoriented and seemed a bit scared when he spotted us three people in the room.

He cleared his throat softly.

"Hello."

I shuddered. his voice was even rougher and darker than usual.

Mason and Lottie said hello back, I showed with my hand to the seat next to me and smiled stupidly soft at him.

"You hungry?"