"What?" San laughs. "No. She left, like, one hour ago for pre-gaming with other friends. Why?"

Really no strings attached. I swallow dryly. "Just asking."

San tilts his head, eyeing me with a mixture of curiosity and thoughtfulness. "Okay..." There's something about the way he looks at me that makes me feel uneasy. Like I'm missing a very important piece of the puzzle here – but I have no clue what it could be.

"I need to go to my room, get ready for the party." In a hasty attempt to get away from San's searching gaze, I almost forget to take off my second shoe.

"Hey, you're ready?" San knocks at my door not even ten minutes later, when I'm just halfway done with the smokey eyes I wanted to try

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Hey, you're ready?" San knocks at my door not even ten minutes later, when I'm just halfway done with the smokey eyes I wanted to try. It's been some months since I last wore this kind of make up to a party. And, yeah, possibly this is dumb, because why am I even dressing up for a party I didn't want to go to in the first place?

Am I trying to impress San? This is so stupid.

I still shout back, "Give me one more minute!", and finish the last touches on my eye makeup before stepping out of my room, all dressed up for this party – and, yeah, for San.

"Finally." San spins around on his heel to face me. Then he freezes, scanning me up and down – before his gaze focuses on my face again. "You, uh. You look good."

Suddenly I'm feeling very self-conscious. He's with Juhee, I try to remind myself – but the words seem to have lost their meaning.

San was totally checking me out. The prospect of what that could mean both frightens and thrills me.

I try to remember my basic rules when hooking up with people – one: never hook up with a guy who's with someone else, no matter how obviously he's hitting on you – but I can't really grasp the words. They don't make sense when San is stealing glances at me like this, uncertain and excited and- interested?? I don't fucking know. My brain isn't working anymore.

I also forgot my second basic rule for hooking up with guys. I know I had one, and I know it was pretty much based on common sense, just like rule number one...

Never mind. It's not like San would actually want to use this party as an opportunity to hook up with me anyway.

Right?

No matter what San is intending though, I should really follow my rule number one and stay clear of any potential h... whatever with him, as long as he's doing whatever with Juhee.

"You look nice too." The words have left my mouth without my brain's consent, and they make me want to facepalm – but San throws me a bright smile. "Thanks."

He really does look good with his Dr. Martens, in those faded blue jeans and a white print shirt. It's nothing special, not like my makeup or anything... but San doesn't need special. He's breathtaking as it is.

A/N: I'll probably go back to updating only once a week :/ I need more time to make sure the chapters are good before I post them (and I'm drowning in papers that I still need to write)

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

A/N: I'll probably go back to updating only once a week :/ I need more time to make sure the chapters are good before I post them (and I'm drowning in papers that I still need to write).
Thanks for all your reads, votes and comments!🧡

Trustजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें