Thatcher and I laid in the big bed in the middle of the room and the cubs immediately swamped us obviously having missed us during the day. I gave each of them the attention they desired snuggling them and listening to them talk about the day they had with the previous alpha and luna.

It wasn't long after I decided it was time for the kids and I to go to sleep. I got up and tucked each of them in and bid them goodnight with a kiss on the head. I had had such a big day that when I stripped off my clothes and climbed back under the covers my eyes were already dropping shut, the last thing I remember feeling was Thatcher's large arms wrap around me and pull me into him and him whispering his love for me into my ear before I was asleep.

At some point during the night I remember waking up to strange noises and almost a whispering that surrounded the room but it was so brief I wondered if perhaps I was dreaming with my eyes open, I promised myself I would ask my mate about it when I woke up.

However when I woke up in the morning the weirdness had left my mind and I was more focused on the day ahead of me. I was going for a run in my hyena form this morning, now that Epiales and I were not connected I should be returned to just my normal shift. We haven't been on a run because of the hybrid shift in quite some time and my animal soul was very restless. I untangled myself from Thatcher's arms which was a feat in itself he had me wrapped up very tightly to him. He was only comfortable when I replaced myself with the pillow that I had been using. I attempted to tiptoe out of the room but was stopped by three big pairs of eyes looking right my way.

Where going ma? Zar asked through the mindlink we shared.

I'm just going for a run, go back to sleep, kids ill be back before you know it. I assured them inching closer to the door, I didn't want Thatcher to wake up, he had been overly protective since the kidnapping incident. I just wanted to go for a quick run and reconnect with my animal.

Can we come? All three voices bombarded my head at once, their eager eyes staring into me as they all started to leave their beds and come to me. I couldn't say no now and reconnecting my animal to theirs would be nice so I nodded and had us all leave the room.

We made it to the front door of the pack house before the next encounter. Epiales was slinking in through the front door. I tilted my head in confusion as to what he was doing leaving the pack house at this time, it was barely 6 am. It wasn't rare for a shifter to get up for a run but he wasn't a shifter and was still getting used to his body.

He turned and noticed us standing there. "Hey, what's everyone doing up so early?" an easy smile slid on his face. In this light his pale skin was almost glowing and the darkness seemed to cling to him.

"Ma is taking us on a run!" Aria exclaimed, Atticus yipped happily in agreement running around my feet.

"Well that sounds like fun doesn't it. Where is that overgrown mutt that's usually attached to you Cas?" The smile on his face got bigger and more genuine when insulting Thatcher.

I grimaced at what he called my mate, I think he was the only one in this entire pack lands who would disrespect the alpha like that and it didn't sit well inside of me. "Thatcher is still in bed, my kids and I are just going on a run. Would you like to join us?"

He shook his head and replied with "I had a rough night in this body. I'm going to attempt to go back to sleep for a while, I'll see you later Cas. Goodbye children." he moved around us and headed back up the stairs in the direction of the room we gave him for the night. I watched him until I could no longer see him trying to work out exactly what was up with him. He was a confusing person. I was brought out of my thoughts when the kids pulled me closer to the front door saying how bad they wanted to go for the run.

We made it outside and went to the tree line to strip out of our clothes and change into our animal side except Atticus who was still yet to change. I felt the fur cover my skin as I got closer to the ground and felt my bones reshape and heard the cracking that led me to be once more in my hyena form. I let out an excited cackle at the fact I was just a normal hyena once more rather than the hybrid I was.

The cubs and I began our run of the packlands, staying clear of the borders where the warriors guarded. I wouldn't want one of them to notify my amte i was close to out of pack ground. It would worry him and he would try to find us very quickly. With all that had been happening to us he deserved a sleep in and I wanted some time with my kids. We continued the run nodding to the pack members who were starting their day. The sun was now beginning to rise and grace our fur with its warmth. My kids were so excited to run and be with me it made my heart swarm with warmth and love. It was my pack too now and I felt at home in these lands. I had my family, friends, allies and the place where the people I loved most lived. I had the biggest smile on my face and love in my heart.