chapter 1

"They're here," Cass cried.

"Go, get her little bro," Tadashi told Hiro, which left the latter a blushing mess. "I know you missed her a lot."

"Tadashi!" grumbled Hiro, which Tadashi chuckled as a response. Soon, Kamakshi came to hug Cass.

"Hey Hira! How was the trip?"

"It was great, actually. I learned some new things about my culture." She smiled at her.

"Awww! That's nice! We missed you."

Soon then, she saw Hiro and hugged him. She missed his smell. The smell of coffee and cake.

"Hey nerd!" He joked.

"Hey prodigy!"

They stared at each other for a minute, until someone interrupted the moment.

"Hey, kiddo," Tadashi greeted, "how's my favourite person in the world?"

"Hey, I thought I was your favourite!" Hiro cried.

"Well, you're my third favourite."

"Who's your second favourite?"

"Kamakhya is." With that, Hiro pouted.

Kamakhya and their dad met them and Cass helped them to get home.

꧁༺༻꧂

A week later,

At the middle of the night, Kamakshi's phone rang. "Hello."

"Hey Hira, sorry to wake you up. But I kinda need your help." A voice said over the phone. "Tadashi?"

"Is Hiro with you?" She could hear his voice being worried, like something happened. "No, he isn't."

"Knew it that knucklehead went to bot-fighting." He groaned. "Is everything okay?"

"No, Hira. Go to sleep. I'll find him by my own."

"No, I am coming. And besides, I wasn't sleeping."

"But-" She hung up her phone, took it and escaped from her house from her bedroom window. She landed on the bush without getting hurt.

꧁༺༻꧂

She huffed and panted. "I'm here. Don't worry, we'll find him."

"Kamakshi, you didn't have to. But, hop on." They got onto the scooter, her arms around his shoulder, and drove away.

"So, how do you know that he went to bot-fighting?" Kamakshi asked.

"I put a tracker on to his hoodie. It tells us where he's going."

"Yeah! I know what a tracker is and does." Kamakshi raised an eyebrow.

They were just in time when Hiro was almost beaten up. The group of bot-fighters, who was about to beat him up, turned to see where that beam of light was coming from. The scooter appeared in front of them.

"Hiro! Get on!"

"Tadashi, Kamakshi! Ah, perfect timing!" Hiro hopped onto his scooter and held onto his friend.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Are you hurt?"

"No."

"Then what were you thinking, knucklehead!?" He hit him and Kamakshi held her laugh. But seeing a dead end, Tadashi took a turn. "You graduated high school when you were 13, and this is what you're doing?" Tadashi scolded his younger brother. But they see Yama and his goon in front of them. Soon, Tadashi found a way.