Chapter 1

• Dedicated to The Omnom Sisters <3

CHAPTER 1

"Ouch!" grumbled Valerie. She had fallen asleep on her wooden desk and slid off her chair onto the floor. Now she had a scab on her lower left leg. She heard footsteps above her and quickly scrambled into bed. It would be absolutely dreadful if someone discovered her secret undergroud hideout and all of her plans to visit the forbidden island which was located a couple thousand feet away from Mount Nespe.She didn't know why she had to go there, but her instincts told her that there was something she needed to see.

After Valerie was sure that she was alone she crawled out of the hideout and went to get Isabel, her best friend. Valerie didn't have many friends, she was a secretive person and kept to herself. But Isabel was a perfect friend for Valerie. Loyal, helpful, and someone Valerie could tell everything to. Isabel was the closest person to her. Valerie's parents had disappeared a few years ago and she could barely remember them. Everyone else thought they were dead but Valerie still had hope that they were still alive.

"Hi!" Isabel greeted, opening the door cheerfully. "C'mon, let's go get breakfast" Valerie hurridly replied. Isabel knew that there was something wrong. They collected thier food-a piece of dried bread and lemon juice, and began to walk. "What is it?' Isabel asked."Hold on, I'll tell you" Valerie replied, as they entered Valerie's secret hideout.Isabel was the only one who knew about it. They  sat down and began to eat, as Valerie showed Isabel her plans to visit The Forbidden Island. Isabel gasped. 

"How are you going to get past the Elders?" Isabel asked. The Elders were a group of people that ruled Mount Nespe. They were very overprotective and were always suspicious of Valerie. "That's where you come in" answered Valerie  "You will start a small fire in the Fig Tree Fields. The villagers will come rushing outside to help and even The Elders will become distracted. I'll wait for you, on the other side of  the mountain, and we will ride in a boat to the island.

"Are you sure about this?" asked Isabel. "What if there's a reason The Elders don't want us to go there?" "Trust me. Everything will be fine." Valerie assured.