•ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24, ᴘᴀʀᴛ I•

Start from the beginning

This was good for both of us.

I hugged Olivia and we said our goodbyes before she drove away.

Matías was leaned against his drakes-neck colored Aston Martin fitted in his buttery black Italian leather jacket, dark jeans and gold rimmed aviator sunglasses. The leather curved over his biceps and he pulled the shades off as the sun brought a deep gingerbread coloring to his eyes. His tongue flicked across his deep cupid's bow as my breath hitched between my teeth.

Brain, play Say Yes by Floetry...

I flipped my hair as I neared him, trying to get some air down my back while also trying to keep my heel from playing Devil's advocate.

"Sei assolutamente bellissima (You are absolutely beautiful)." Matias pushed himself off of the car and gingerly tacked his fingers to my chin, lifting my face as if going to my lips only to pass them and kiss my cheek.

My bottom lip hung open with disappointed anticipation.

"We should get going," -his lids lowered in amusement- "My mom keeps asking to meet you."

"Your mom?"

Matias checked on the boys then opened my door, "Yeah, we're going to my house. You get to meet my family today."

• • • •

Matias' distant voice endearingly rambled about his cousins, his mom's cooking and his sister's need to prove she was the superior twin.

I nodded with a mechanical smile but inside I screamed.

"Don't look so worried." Matias stroked my knuckles with the pad of his thumb as he pulled up to this beautiful iron gate with a Greystone estate tucked behind it.

It reminded me of Maniscalco's, but the details and warmth it exuded was downright mesmerizing.

"Danny you know what to do. Nonna and zia already made food so take Nicolai to wash your hands and come straight back to the table, okay?"

Both boys nodded as Matias parked beside his cousin's red Aventador and we all hopped out. Matias slipped his hand into mine, interlocking our fingers as we stepped through the front door, the scent of balsamic vinegar and garlic swelling in my nose.

"Oh God, she went all out." Matias threw his head back with a laugh.

Inside the estate was even more amazing. The marble draped foyer stood tall with floor to ceiling windows and a breezeway that led to the large backyard. Egg-and-dart molding lined the champagne colored walls as the captivating natural light hypnotically froze me in place.

Danny and Nicolai ran past us to the mahogany coated grand butler's staircase, brushing against my leg.

"Be careful Polpetta!"

"MA! Mat is back!" A familiar voice spiraled from the kitchen.

As Matìas and I strolled into the brightly lit kitchen, we were met by numerous dishes of food that lined the granite counter top. The woman I recognized as Catalina ran between the dinning room and the kitchen while another woman in a red apron hovered over the oven.

"Catalina, sweetheart, make sure to use the china with the gold trim. Okay?" She straightened up, turning to us, as I noticed the words on her apron reading "Don't Make Me Poison You".

The beauty gene ran deep in this family. That was very clear. Mrs.Russo stood at almost 5'11 with a soft oval face and kind eyes. Her chestnut hair was pinned in an elegant chignon with ringlets framing her perky cheeks.

"Oh, Matías. Is this her?" She wiped her hands on her apron and slowly stepped around the island towards us.

"Yes Ma, this is her." He pridefully beamed.

Matías rested his hand in the small of my back leaning down until his face was level with mine.

"Ma, this is Monroe Rivers- Monroe, my mother."

Mrs.Russo pressed her hand against her cheek as she took my free hand in hers and stood at arms length -awe encapsulating her irises.

"Matías, she's gorgeous. You're gorgeous sweetheart."

"Thank you Mrs.Russo. You're quite eye catching yourself." I let out a nervous laugh.

Why did I say that? Why couldn't I just compliment her home like a normal guest?

Mrs.Russo's smile widened as she wagged her finger at Mat, "Don't mess this up Matías. I like her."

"Yeah, she's alright."

I lightly jabbed Matìas with my elbow and he nestled a kiss right under my ear lobe.

Mrs.Russo returned to her stove as I rested on the island countertop.

"Your home is beautiful Mrs.Russo. I really love the bay windows in here.

"Grazie, and please, just call me Amazing."

Another nervous chuckle escaped as Matias slung his arm over my shoulder, pulling me into his chest.

"You want a tour babe?"

I paused, my face steadily turning.

Guess I'm "babe" now.

I looked between Matías and Amazing, "S-Sure. After dinner...or?"

"Dinner is not quite done yet. You two go and see the house, meet the rest of the family and come back." Amazing waved us away.

"Sounds good."

A/N: Okay so two things...well three.

One: YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! Thin Ice is almost at 2k. From 1k to 2k. IN. A. MONTH! Y'all gotta stop playing with me, my head gonna get as big as Adrian's.

But no, thank you so much. I say it all the time, but seriously. Thank you!

Two: Drakes-neck is an irredentist color that is on the neck of male mallards. A picture is in the media.

Three: Say yes by Floetry is in the media as well.

Okay byeee!!! *Micheal Scott voice* See you guys on the flippity flop.