Outside Encounter

Start from the beginning

"Hehe, nope!" Paimon proudly exclaims. "We decided to do some solo work today!"

"You mean I did, paimon." Traveler stepped in.

"Hey, paimon is moral support!" Paimon yells, in their defense.

"But we also were looking for you Chongyun." Traveler says, ignoring paimon.

"Hey dont ignore me!" Paimon continues to yell, but soon gets back to the topic. "Me and traveler were told you and Xingqiu were hanging out around here. But, I dont see him. Where is he?"

"He's by the tree, i was resting at early." I put up my claymore, not needing to carry it around anymore, as all three of us walk over to the tree and see Xingqiu peacefully sleeping on the grass, his book in hand.

"Cute."

"Huh, cute you say?" I hear paimon say. With a smug tone, you could tell that paimon was grinning wide.

"I uh." I turn around to see that both Traveler and paimon were wearing the very smug face that I feared.

"Dont, tell Xingqiu, please. Or Xiangling and Hu Tao." I hunch over feeling a little defeated for letting my gard down.

Traveler and paimon exchange confused looks, by the mention of Hu Tao and Xiangling. But they shrug it off and continue.

"No worries, we were just sent to check up on you two. But when will you tell Xingqiu?" Paimon questions.

"I was planning to during the Lantern Rite, but with the environment and these feelings, I dont think I would be able to control myself enough without making a mess of everything and blacking out."

"Oooh, yeah. Because of your... spirit thingy. Yep that's right." Paimon nods.

"But that's your whole problem Chongyun!" Paimon takes on a serious expression, and begins to give me a whole lecture. "Isn't the whole emotional-hyper-blackout stuff because you suppress your energy? Paimon thinks if you were to be yourself more that when you get all crazy it wont be so bad and you'll actually remember stuff. But that's what paimon believes, Because suppressing your emotions just doesn't make sense."

I listen to paimon's words. "Does it?"

"I agree with paimon." I turn to Traveler, as they nod in agreement. "Suppressing you emotions is just bad in general. Back when we ran into you, didn't you said you didnt know why you couldn't stop thinking about your feelings now?"

"You- heard all of that."

Traveler nods. "I think now that you realize, you cant suppress them as well as you could before."

I sit down and ponder both of their words.

"Say, I dont think we should be talking about this with the Guhua Geek beside us." Paimon says, pointing to Xingqiu.

"Ah um." I look over to Xingqiu, still sleeping peacefully. Feeling little embarrassed having this conversation right beside him. "Xingqiu's a deep sleeper, it will be fine, and I'm pretty sure he's needs the sleep. He hasn't seemed too well since his return."

"Huh, really? Well we should head back and inform Xiangling about you two." Paimon crosses their arms with a proud smile on her face, seeing as their mission was accomplished.

"Wait, Xiangling?"

"Yep! she asked us to check on you since she was busy at the restaurant and couldn't see you." Paimon explains.

"Oh okay, just tell her we're good, that's all." I look to Xingqiu, making sure he's still asleep.

Traveler and Paimon begin to walk away "We'll be sure to, have a nice day Chongyun." Traveler waves goodbye.

"wait!" I shout to Traveler, as I remember my plan with the festival. "Could you help me out a bit too?"

"Hmm, sure I can, but what do you need?" Traveler says.

"Well, since I haven't spent too much time at the festival's in the past, I dont know many spots. Do you happen to know any quite places to see the lanterns?" I ask shyly.

"A spot for the Lantern Rite, you say." Paimon pauses, and begins to speak again nodding. "We've helped out tons of people pick out places during the last Lantern Rite! We pick out the absolute best for you Chongyun!"

Traveler nods.

"Thank you, I-" Im cut off as I hear a voice from behind me.

"Hmm... Traveler? Paimon?"

We all turn to see a sleepy eyed Xingqiu, looking back at us.

"Ack! H-hi Guhua Geek! We were talking about anything. Nothing about the Lantern Rite at all." Paimon speaks in a hurried tone.

I quickly turn to paimon, give them a quick glare, and it seems that Traveler did the same.

"Ah!" Paimon jumps back.

"What are you two doing here?" Xingqiu questions.

"We were just doing some commissions nearby and ran into Chongyun." Traveler says, in a calm manner and kind smile.

"We were also just leaving, it was nice to see you two again, we'll be going now. Bye."

As the two head off, Traveler waves goodbye while Paimon looks back, giving me a tumbs up.

'Thank you, Paimon.' I sigh.

"Do you wanna head back to Liyue, Xingqiu?" I turn to him and ask.

He shakes his head, leaning against the tree. "I want to stay here a bit longer."

"Okay, we'll stay a bit then." I say leaning against the tree as well.

"Hey, I've been thinking..." I begin to ask.

Since the lantern Rite will technically be starting next week, it would be best to ask now. "...about attending the Latern Rite. I want to try and attend it fully this year, and I wanted us to-"

"Huh? Really?" Xingqiu looks at me.

Seeing his excitment, I become a little flustered.

"Yea." I nod, trying not to show it.

"That's great!" He shouts.

"You could meet the people I met from Mondstadt too!" Xingqiu continues. "I invited them before leaving, they're really nice people, I'm sure you'll like them Chongyun." He laughs, and already looks better, compared to how he'd been before.

'People, from... Mondstadt.'

'Is that why Xingqiu's...

'been so down?'