1| Aria Meets World

Start from the beginning

"We only have a couple more posters left, Ari. I can finish up while you show him around."

"Are you sure, Connor? You're not the best at hanging posters straight." Aria said.

"First of all, rude. Second of all, who says the posters need to be straight-"

"Me."

Connor ignored her and continued, "Third of all, it's just a few more posters. Show the new guy around and if you're so desperate to have straight posters, then you can critique my work when you're finished."

She thought about it for a second, before she sighed and reluctantly turned to Principal Yancy, "Alright, you've got yourself a tour guide."

"Great." He said before he turned to the boy standing awkwardly behind him, "Mr. Friar, you're in good hands." With that, he nodded at the three students and made a beeline towards his office.

"See you later." Connor waved before he picked up all of his stuff and walked down the hallway.

Aria waved back, before she turned to the boy who had yet to say a word, "Hi, I'm Aria Matthews, your all-of-a-sudden tour guide."

"I'm Lucas Friar." He held out a hand for her to shake.

"Welcome to John Quincy Adams Middle School." She said and shook his hand with a smile.

"Thanks." He smiled back at her.

"Let's get this tour started."

~~~

LATER ON IN THE SCHOOL DAY, Aria sat down in her father's history class and started doodling in her notebook. Five minutes passed, and her father finally spoke up.

"Alright, who are we missing?"

Just then, Maya and Riley entered through the back door of the classroom and made their way to the front of the class, chatting away.

"You have to do the homework, Maya. This teacher's insane, a total nut job. I think there's something seriously wrong with him." Riley ranted.

"Hi, honey." Cory smiled when the pair stopped right in front of his desk at the end of Riley's sentence.

"Hi, Daddy." Riley smiled innocently, as if she wasn't just bashing her father.

"You're late to your father's class."

"Oh, don't worry, Mr. Matthews, you wrote her a note." Maya said, reaching into her back pocket and pulling out said note.

"I did?"

"You did." Maya nodded and passed the note over to her best friend.

"You did." Riley repeated before handing the note to him.

Cory opened the piece of paper and began reading it aloud, "Riley's late. Deal with it." He nodded in approval before he looked at Maya, "Oh, you got my signature down pretty good this time."

"Oh, it was easy. You write like a girl so I had Aria do it." Maya shrugged.

At the mention of her name, Aria's head shot up from her notebook where she was immediately met with her father's questioning look.

"What?"

"Nothing, honey." Cory shook his head and proceeded with beginning his class, "Okay, let me get back to jamming some learning into your heads. The Civil War."

"The Civil Bore." Maya deadpanned.

"Thank you, future Mini-Mart employee of the month." Cory said with a sarcastic smile.