six || NO TEARS LEFT TO CRY

NO TEARS LEFT TO CRY

"Don't worry, I'm alive."

VI

The little girl tugged on her dads shirt, successfully gaining his attention

"Yes Lani?"

"Can Auggie and I go outside?" She asked.

"Of course."

"Can we get ice cream too?" The girl added.

The man laughed as he picked her up, swinging her to rest onto the side of his hip.

"Of course Alanna." He told her, a gentle smile on his face.

Seven year old Alanna cheered at his response as she reached to give her dad a kiss on his cheek.

"Chocolate!" The girl blabbered as her dad carried her outside, getting her brother as they headed to an ice cream parlour.

||

"Daddy!" The girl sobbed as she sat on the pavement.

"Alanna?" His frantic voice was heard as he ran towards his upset daughter.

Alanna was riding her bike, but she became unbalanced and fell, the rough pavement scraping the entire side of her leg.

When her dad neared her, she lifted her arms up, practically demanding that he carry her.

"It's alright honey." He uttered as he carried the little girl into their house.

"I'm bleeding." She whimpered, pointing at her leg with a glare like it was a disease.

"It's normal Lani, let's go get you cleaned up."

Alanna let out a small sniffle. "Thank you." She said quietly.

||

Her dad absolutely hated how fast his kids were growing up. Alannas 9th birthday was absolute shit to say at least. The girl invited some of her school friends, but none showed.

So there sat Alanna, August, and her parents, watching a movie as she ate some of her cake.

"I have an idea." Her dad spoke out of the blue.

He caught everyone's eyes as he went on to explain his plan.

"Let's go to California! We can go to Disneyland." He enthusiastically told the others, his hands waving all over the place, making both of the children laugh.

"Yes yes!" Alanna and August chanted, wide smiles on their face.

||