three || BRIBED FRIENDSHIPS

BRIBED FRIENDSHIPS

"Did you guys meet in the flower aisle?"

III

<Sapnap> i saw you were on, vc?

Karl looked at the message, then after a few seconds he turned to Alanna. "That's one of my friends. Would you be alright with talking to him?"

Alanna nodded, watching as Karl pulled up discord and joined a vc. He grabbed his headphones, replying to the person on the other side.

"Hey Sapnap, are you streaming?" Karl questioned him.

Alanna assumes they said no, since Karl was turning towards her.

"I want you to meet a friend of mine!" A pause followed. "—Uh yeah them." He spoke as he handed the headphones over to her. She put them on and waited, although the other person didn't speak up.

Karl looked at her expectantly, so she cleared her throat. "Uh hello." She paused. "I'm Alanna."

"I was beginning to think you weren't real. Nice to meet you, I'm Sapnap, one of Karl's fiancé's."

"Nice to meet you Sapnap, and fiancé plural?"

"Yeah, Karl, Quackity, and I. We are deeply in love."

"Oh alright." She drawled, slightly laughing towards the end.

"How did you meet Karl though?"

"He uh— came up to me in a Walmart." She told Sapnap, as Karl gave her a funny look, making her laugh.

"I have one question. It's important." He suddenly spoke.

Alanna nodded, before she realized he couldn't see her, Karl gave her a small smile and giggle when she realized. "Yeah go ahead."

"Did he bribe you?"

Alanna paused for a second before her brain caught up, although when she tuned back in Sapnap was talking again.

"—too much of a wimp to actually talk to a woman."

"Bribe? Bribe me with what?" She questioned after he finished his statement, making Karl furrow his eyebrows.

"Money? Fame? Se—"

"I'm going to interrupt you there." She stopped him, a violent red color spreading on her face, making Karl mouth 'what did he say?' repeatedly.

"No, no and definitely no." She told him, shaking her head.

Loud laughter was heard on the other side, and Sapnap spoke up again.

"Must have been a really romantic encounter in Walmart then. Love at first sight. Mind you without the sex, I guess. Hand me over to Karl could you?" He stated, as if it was a fact.