15 :: Government Protocols

Start from the beginning

"I understand. Who would have had thought that 2121 would see something even problematic than 2020? Everything's going in a negative way and heavens know how we would put an end to this. No vaccine can protect us against humans."

"True..."

They hadn't noticed that they were already infront of their destination. Jae eon helped them climb the stairs which were almost impossible to step onto. It was dirty, rusty and was slippery. There were creepers embracing the railings

The group had been using a corvette which was a little far away from theirs. It was highly furnished but didn't look so from the outside. It was like a chameleon who would go unnoticed at the first glance. The compartments were divided and sub divided for various purposes. There were packets of instant food and bottles of drinking water. They had managed to steal them from the shops they had raided in teams. It wasn't exactly stealing in that situation.

Byeol could see how desperately the group was trying to survive in this mess. Even though Bomi was annoying, she had an admirable will power to do her part as efficiently as she could. Jae eon and Ryan seemed to a part of the defence team. They had several guns and bats which they had taken away from some members of the cult whom they had encountered last week. And Miso was still an unsolved piece of puzzle.

The rest of the group was seated on the old chairs in the hallway. Jae eon asked them to sit down.

"Byeol, are you a cook? Would you be able to manage the food section?" Ryan enquired as they took a seat.

"I can't cook. The only thing I know is to cook ramen and make tea or coffee."

"Umm...Can you fight?"

"No. It's not my thing."

"Why are we even keeping them, huh? It's just wasting our limited resources. We don't even have much for ourselves." whined Bomi.

"Please zip it for atleast five minutes."snapped Ryan.

"I can do both."muttered Beomgyu.

"Really?"exclaimed Jae eon with sparkling eyes.

"I learned Taekwondo and had taken cooking classes. I can manage both."

"That's final then! You can cook with Ryan and go out for food and water raids. Byeol can take up small everyday chores."

A ping from Bomi's E-displayer surprised everyone. They stared at a screen which made its appearance over her head. A message was being displayed as a robotic voice read it.

"Citizens are requested to assemble infront of the nearest hospital. The government wishes to solve the apocalypse as soon as possible. Humans who are dysfunctioning would be shot down as soon as spotted by the military. Please note that you would have to go through a thorough check up for the sake of the country. It's most probable that the recently discovered chip has a bug."

a/n : Hello darlings! I am back with a new update! I have published a new book

a/n : Hello darlings! I am back with a new update! I have published a new book. The plot revolves around a 19th century murder. The male leads are our attractive Choi Yeonjun and Jeon Jungkook. Do check it out! Excuse my shameless promotion lol. Do vote and comment! Expect some jaw dropping plot twists in the next chapters!