Chapter 25. Cat out of the bag

Start from the beginning

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hey," I replied, still lost in his eyes. I made my way towards him and sat beside him on the couch as his breath hitched. "How was your last night?" I asked.

"Hmmm... let's see, I went out with the most gorgeous person I have ever met, we talked about everything and nothing, she squealed in delight when I took her flying and I loved every minute I spent with her..." he said and I couldn't help the smile that found its way to me. "So overall, I would say, it was a passable evening, how was yours?" He said, his eyes twinkling. I knew he was trying not to laugh. Although I had no qualms as such and laughed wholeheartedly.

"I went out on a date for the first time and it was beyond what I thought it could be, and by that I mean it was the best evening ever. My favorite part was flying with this male who looks very handsome and is kind, considerate and so lucky," I said. "Lucky?" Skies asked, his eyebrows raising. "Well of course, he had the chance to go out with me," I winked.

Skies chuckled, "The luckiest person in the whole world if you ask me." I swear he melted my heart there and then. My eyes went to the tulip he held in his hand. "For you," he said, his voice low again. "Thank you," I said, taking the flower I put it in a vase filled with water and then sat back next to him. He had remembered my favorite color and the fact that I didn't like bouquets much.

"Vita I- I want to tell you something," he gulped. Sensing his nervousness, I took his hands in mine and started stroking them. "Do you remember when I came to your room that night," he asked. I nodded he had been a great comfort that day. "Well, when you hugged me, I felt something," he said and I straightened. No, that couldn't be... I mean yes, I had felt a faint light tug a few times, but that no- "It snapped into place at that moment," he said and my eyes widened.

"Say it," I whispered, I couldn't believe this. Skies is-.

"You are my mate," he said in near reverence and I felt that bond between us. A golden light.

(Skies POV)

"You are my mate," I said and she went still as death, her hands had stopped making those soothing actions on my hands much to my annoyance. "Vita?" I asked after a moment. She made no noise and I could feel my heart shattering. "Vita?" I asked again, panicking. "You there?" I asked, tightening my grip on her hands now.

"Yeah, I just- I-" she started staring at me now.

"I understand, I mean if you reject the bond I won't-" I said, that little hope that I had vanishing. She had so much going in her life, I doubted she even wanted a love life right now.

"No!" she exclaimed. "No, I was shocked, that's it," she said. I retracted my hands, looking down. "Hey, look at me," she said softly, cupping my face. I melted at her touch I would do anything for her right now. "I had moments where I thought that you were my mate but I refused to give myself that hope, that is why it was such a shock now," she explained and that little hope came back again.

"So.. you aren't rejecting it?" I asked her. No, though I will need time to accept it completely. My breath hitched as she used the connection, our bond's connection to speak to me. Then I am more than grateful. I said to her. Do you want it? she asked. More than anything.

Kiss me. She said and so I did. It was a slow kiss, a kiss that held promise in it, a promise of a future and of patience, but also full of love and admiration. I am ecstatic, honored that the Cauldron chose you as my mate. I growled at her words and, as the kiss deepened by her.

"Does anyone else knows?" she asked after we pulled out to take a breath.

"Nyx," I said guiltily. "I had to tell someone or I would have gone insane, besides he is very perceptive, he would have figured something was going on either way," I said and she nodded.

"Can we not tell anyone else for some time? A few days?" she asked.

"Whatever you want," I said and she smiled warmly. I smiled back as my heart leapt at the sight of her smiling and at that sweet, swollen lips.

"Staring is rude," she said smirking. When I looked at her eyes, they were dancing.

"Come here," I opened my arms so that she could come closer. We spent the rest of the afternoon in one another's warmth. Honestly, one of the best afternoons ever. It was not until it was almost time for dinner that Mira and Viv came back with loads of shopping bags and stood smirking near the doorway. I rolled my eyes at them, not wanting to speak as it might wake up Vita who was peacefully sleeping in my arms. Curse my luck as Nyx and Marcus came in too. We were supposed to leave for dinner in some time but I hadn't wanted to wake Vita up.

Marcus cleared his throat, very loudly, which made Vita wake up and roll herself only to find herself on her ass on the ground. Next time we cuddle on a bed, not a small couch.

"Ow," she muttered, looking up scowling at the others who were trying not to laugh. "Laugh and I will gut you," she said looking at Marcus who was now coughing, though amusement was evident in her eyes.

"Empty threats princess," he said. She smirked and next second was on Marcus, pinning him to the floor.

"Don't call me princess, sweetheart," she said and though I knew she meant it in fun, I couldn't help that twinge of annoyance and jealousy that came over me. I quickly shoved it down as Nyx looked at me and tapped at my inner shield. I let him in. You told her? I nodded. What did she say? You two did look alright when we came in...

We are taking a slow pace. She knows you know but doesn't want anyone else to know for a while. Nyx nodded. Your secret is safe with me.

"I can't believe you two went shopping without me!" Vita said as she got up from her offensive position and Marcus groaned.

"Well...you were busy," Viv said making Vita roll her eyes.

"So, what did you two did all day?" Mira asked. Vita sighed looking at Viv, apparently noticing something.

"You two made a bet didn't you?" she asked, chuckling slightly. Mira looked a bit guilty but Viv laughed.

"Well, we wanted to see who knew you better." Viv said. "So did you two just kiss or had a full-blown make-out session," she asked, making Nyx choke while others looked at her with widened expression, and a bit of curiosity.

"I am not telling you," Vita answered in a sing-song voice.

"Oh, come on! Not fair!" Mira said as she took Vita's hand and the three of them made their way to change I suppose... and gossip.

"I would never have the courage to ask Vita that.... She would have my balls," Marcus said and Nyx looked inclined to agree. I felt proud about that fact. My mate is so compassionate, strong and kind but at the same time, super scary. Amazing.

I can't believe I wrote 1900 something words on a go! I swear this is one good thing going on right now. Life sucks! Cheers to that... 

Anyway... Vote. Comment. Share :)