"Rowdy," he muttered before going away to get ingredients. She jumped onto a counter, as he started chopping mushrooms.

"Ashwin.."

He hummed in response, too busy with his mushrooms.

"Neenga nadichathilaya ungaluku pudicha heroine ethu?"

(Who was your favourite actress to act with.)

He stopped cutting and looked up at her silently for a moment, trying to decipher why she would ask that, "Is this a trick question?"

Sivaangi shrugged nonchalantly, "Do you want it to be?"

Ashwin set his knife down, "Illa nee etho kalavaram pandra plan la than kekara."

( No, you're asking with some other intent that'll get me in trouble.)

Sivaangi stared at him, "Oh appo neenga ethavathu sonna kalavaram aaguma?"

(Oh so whatever you say will cause you trouble?)

Ashwin stared at her, wondering what would be the right response. He shook his head fervently and went back to chopping, "Illa paravala, naa ethum solala."

(No, it's fine. I won't say anything.)

Sivaangi glared at him, "Appo enkita solla matinga?"

(So you won't say it to me?)

Ashwin sighed and set his knife down again, "Ippo ethuku kekara."

(Why are you asking this now?)

"Chumma, oru information gather pann."

(Just to gather information.)

Ashwin raised an eyebrow at her, "Aama iva periya police, information gather panra."

(Right, you're some kind of police to gather information.)

Sivaangi giggled, "Ippo solla poringala illaye. Naa ethume solla matten."

(Are you gonna tell me or not? I won't say anything.)

Ashwin looked at her carefully. Besides everything else, he really didn't have a favourite co-star. He sighed and said, "Therila, romba pudichavanga nu yaarum illa. But Malavika kooda fun ah irunthuchu."

(I don't have anyone in particular. But I enjoyed my time with Malavika.)

Sivaangi nodded knowingly, "Paathen. BTS pics lam potrunthanga. Nalla irunthuchu."

(I saw your BTS pics. It was nice.)

Ashwin snorted, "Romba kadupa solra."

(You sound passive aggressive.)

"Kadupu lam illa. Nejamave romba naala irunthuchu."

(Nothing like that. I genuinely liked it.)

Ashwin looked at her and smiled. It warmed his heart and at the same time made him feel guilty when he heard that she still knew of his work when they weren't speaking.

"Ennaku Dhruv kooda nadichadhu romba pudichuirnthathu."

(My favourite was probably Dhruv.)

Ashwin stopped stirring and looked at her. The whole world knew of the intense rivalry between him and Dhruv. Their films were released at the same time, and they were nominated for every award in the state. He didn't particularly mind it when he heard that Sivaangi did a film with him. They weren't speaking and he knew it wasn't his place.