Chapter 15

// Tessa POV //

The day before our institute visit Will and I are packing. Well I am, Will is helping with nothing. If that boy is not going to help me then I think extra measures must be taken to assure me he will next time.

Will has gone downstairs to beg Delia for a snack. I don't know why he would need food because its not like he actually exerted himself. Well anyways, I put my plan in action.

I walk out to our pond with a handful of crackers. I lure a duck back to our house using the crackers. The kitchen where Will currently is, is by the back door, so I have to sneak through the front door. Evan was dusting the banisters when I entered with the duck. He gave me a questioning look, " Don't ask " I say chuckling. Evan shakes his head, smiling to himself.

I lug the duck up the stairs towards our room keeping my hand clamped down on its beak to muffle his sounds of protest. I shove the duck into our closet and close the door. Then I sit on the bed and give a blood curdling scream. Will comes screeching up the stairs and bursts through the door brandishing his sereph blade. "What do I need to kill," Will yells with a wild glint in his blue eyes. I look at him putting fake fear in my eyes. I point towards the closet with a trembling hand. " It-it's in th-th-there," I manage to stutter out trying not to laugh. Will cautiously makes his way to the closet and yanks open the door.

HONK

Will gives a high pitched yelp and scurries to the other end of the room on all four. He wasn't looking where he was going so he ended up backing into the wash stand and unsettling the bowl of water. It tips over and onto Will's head soaking him.

That's when all my will power goes away. I burst out laughing. I try to support myself on an arm of a chair, but laughing so hard causes my arm to collapse so I slide all the way to the ground holding my stomach which is starting to ache from laughing so much. Will gives me a dignified look, as if he has any dignity right now. "Not cool Tess," Will says trying keep stern face, but I can tell he is suppressing a smile.

"Serves you right,"I say." You say I'm not a good actress which I proved wrong. And you didn't help me with any of the preparations EVER. So I killed two birds with one stone." I allow myself a smug smile. "Ok, you got me good, alright?" Will admits with a grin.

" I know, I just wanted to here you say it."

"Aww, now that's just mean." Will says giving me phony innocent face.

"Cry me a river," I say slightly condescendingly. Will just slumps down so his head hits the floor with a thump. " Owww," Will complains. I smile, sometimes Will's special awareness isn't the best. Will groans and strips off his wet shirt. He gives me an evil little smile and sprints toward me. He grabs my waist and pulls me onto the bed. I giggle at his comical expression. Will gives me a peck on my cheek. Then lays down beside me. I though the was just relaxing, but then I heard a soft snore coming from him. Wow, tired all ready? Not the shadowhunter I remember getting engaged to, but I still love my Will Herondale.