Chapter 9

Gathering some courage, Tanaka finally asked "uh hey, h-how exactly did it happen??"

To this, Kenma half-heartedly explained to him how it happened. And he also added that some stupid idiot with whom he was supposed to spend the rest of his life thought it was his birthday, and wished him.

"I HATE THAT PERSON. How can they just automatically assume that it's my birthday if I'm writing for the first time?? How dumb can they be?? Aaaggrrhhh", said Kenma not too loudly, but loud enough for everyone to understand that he was super angry.

They had never seen Kenma in such rage, it honestly terrified them to speak anything... but they knew that he needed some guidance.

"because... because that is how it usually is. You get the diary on your birthday, you get excited and you write in it the same day. So I don't think they're wrong in assuming that it's your birthday", replied Asahi, letting out a nervous giggle.

Kenma shot a look at him and said "is that so Asahi-san?? Well then, we should stop assuming people's frigging birthdays..!!"

Ennoshita wasn't from the people who would usually speak, yet he asked, "y-you said they wrote back?? Did you reply then??"

Kenma replied saying, "Chikara-Kun, do you really think I'd reply? And what should I say? "It wasn't my birthday, it was the guy's I had to break up with because of you"..??"

With a concerned expression, Ennoshita said, "maybe not that rudely. Just tell them that it isn't your birthday... you can try talking. There's no harm in that.". Kenma buried his face in his hands and said, "I'd rather play video games than talk to them. Moreover, it has been 2 weeks since that happened. It's already too late to reply"

Tanaka sharply stood up at his place and said, "IT'S NEVER TOO LATE FOR LOVE KENMA..!!" With one hand on his chest. Kenma passed Tanaka an annoyed look, and Tanaka regretted saying that with all his will. He motioned sorry.

"No Kenma, seriously. You should write back. Now you know that they're your soulmate, and you'd have to talk to them eventually. So just, just write back already okay??", said Daichi. He was their guardian angel.

"But Daichi-san, that'd mean that I'm done with Hinata forever and I'm ready to move on... which I'M NOT..!!" Kenma protested.

"That'd mean that you're ready to accept what is to come... and you're willing to take care of yourself," said Daichi with a calm smile. "Promise me that you'd write back when you get home today. Or we can do it together, wanna drop by my place? Sugawara will be there too... he's better with people, haha"

It was the last thing Kenma wanted to do, yet he said, "hmm, no... I'll do it. Okay. I'll have to. It's not like I have any other choice..."

Tanaka assured him once again that they all were there anytime he needed. Just then, Sugawara suddenly appeared from the gymnasium, with heavy teary eyes staring at Daichi.

"I'M GOING TO STAY AT HINATA'S FOR TONIGHT. I cannot leave him in that state. Daichi, you'll go with Kenma. And Kenma, I don't want to hear any excuses. WE'RE NOT LEAVING YOU TWO ALONE. It's just too much", he said sternly.

He rubbed his eyes, turned around, and left after his little order. Daichi kept looking at Sugawara with the eyes that said "oh God! I love this boy so much", and then looked at Kenma with a questioning face, and Kenma gave him a dry affirmative nod.

That night was especially easy. They got home with company and comfort. Sugawara and Daichi were almost like parents to them, they'd take care of everyone in the team... they never experienced this hurt firsthand, so it'd be very wrong to say that they understood what Hinata and Kenma were going through... But they tried. 

Daichi and Suga were already dating before their diaries arrived, and they were their soulmates, so it was all butterflies and rainbows for them. Although they understood pretty well that, that isn't the case with everyone.

They stayed awake texting each other until they made sure that Hinata and Kenma were sleeping. It wasn't easy for anyone to see their brightest player, and the sharpest mind going through all the shit they didn't deserve. But this is how the world worked, "life is never fair" they thought to themselves and tried their level best to bring those two back to their best self. 

________
[Word Count - 758]

A/N- writing this chapter gave me an odd sense of comfort... a cute little one, haha.
anyway, I hope you're having a good time..!! (just some clarity, I used "they/them" for Kuroo because Kenma doesn't know his soulmate's gender yet)

don't forget to voottee ❤

𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝗲जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें