Chapter 1: A Bright And Early Morning

It was 7:00 in the morning and the sky was still dull, the professor was sitting at his desk drinking a warm cup of tea until he heard a knock at the door. "Come in" he said in his posh english voice. An old lady walked in with a tray "oh good morning Rosa"said layton finishing his last cup of tea.
"Good morning professor" she replied.
"Got any new puzzles for me today?" He asked putting the cup on the tray and standing up.
"I don't know but I do have this" she said putting the tray down and getting out a package with the words 'Hershel Layton' written on it, she then handed it to him and walked out of the room.
"Oh what a nice old lady" he smiled and opened the package.

Inside there was a note attached to a small golden necklace. The note read:

Dear Hershel Layton
I know this is such short notice but I need your help!
There have been many disappearances going on all over Misthellery and we are all getting very scared. I never knew what I was signing up for when I became the new mayor of this place, Mr Triton did warn me about the impossible happening but I never expected this! Please help!
Yours Truly
Mia

"Hmmm..." Said Layton whilst re-reading through the note incase there were any secret messages, and there was!

----------Puzzle 001----------
(Look in comments for the story at own risk of puzzle spoilers)
(Also answer is in the next chapter)

Layton turned over the note and there was a code and some letters
"let's solve this!!!"

;-\?!(|| .| :'%.!£ &(," -~ ¥'<\ '€! \.|?

-A /B :C ; ( ) £ & . + ? , % ! ' " _ \ | ~ < > € $ ¥ *

------------------------------
"Interesting..." Said Layton as he started to decipher the code.

//~sorry about it being short I just want to find out how popular this part gets so I know if I should carry on, also don't forget to solve the puzzle ready for the next chapter!!!~//