Chapter Seven

Willow scanned the room long and hard when she realised she hadn't checked Crystal's breathing, because she could very well have been killed in her custody.

Willow gasped and quickly bent down her head with a grunt and put her ear to Crystal's chest.

Help me Willow

Her heart was beating very slowly and Willow could only hear very shallow breathing and could feel Crystal's heart slowing by the second. She had to get her to a Hospital. She had to get out of the escape room. She had to get to a Vet. She had to save her arm. And she had to doall of that while holding onto crystals life.

Hold on to your life crystal. We'll be out soon.

Willow lay Crystal's head on the floor very carefully and sofly, making a pillow out of petals out of the roses on the wall for her head. She attempted to stand but fell on her side with a grunt. As she tried again her legs shook and she felt the need to use the wall for support. On her way up she tore 3 branches and squashed several roses. She took a shaky step and attempted to move her broken arm, not exactly a good idea. Through clenched teeth and glue shut eyes a tear of pain rolled down her cheek, but she kept moving. She walked toward the doorway where Terra had told her she had been asleep for 2 years- though she wasn't exactly sure that was true now that Terra was rouge. As she walked to the doorway she looked down both ends of the hall behind it, and with no one around she summoned the air to levitate Crystal behind her, her hands crossed across her chest as if she was dead. The energy it took to lift a human body had never quite occurred to Willow as it was something she had never done. But it was quite the breathtaking (literally) experience. Small sparks flew from Willows fingertips asn her nal buts glowed fluorescent blue as he walked out of the room with as much haste as her legs would provide. She turned back to look at Crystal who was breathing steady, with a quiet but subtle Apricot, fast asleep on her stomach, both of the wounded sleeping soundly in the depths of their wildest dreams, away from the scary dangerous outside.

She was outside now, luscious air filled her nostrils for the first time in a long time. She took a moment to look around, but the first thing she saw was a large clearing in the distance. She walked down to the clearing and saw a small town in the distance, a rural town witch may have a hospital......................

Willow did not need another minute to think. She rallied the earth and turned the rolling hills with the added immense pain from her arm and spun her way down to the village.
As she landed she was completely puffed and ready to collapse, but one look at Crystal and she forced herself to keep going. She trudged down to the nearest clinic and ran to the front desk. It was very warm and each person was wearing face masks. The weather outside was brown and dusty and sunny, like outback Australia.

"G'day lovely, wa- Oo' are you? You gots dem weird roses groin' ou' a ya face! Wa' ya gettin em from eh?" The clerk said, stunned as he looked at Willow as if she was a, alternate species.

"Hello, um, my name is Willow, and i need to get my friend here-" She gestured to Apricot and Crystal, (who she quickly lowered from middair, much to the waiting rooms guests astonishment) "To a doctor, and very fast"
"Well 'en luv, first i gotts ta get ya 'a fill out form right here-" He pointed to a sheet of paper in his hand stuck to a green clipboard "-before' i can take ya in, Oka?"
"Yes of corse" Willow said hurriedly as she snatched the clipboard out of his hands to fill it out.

She wrote in her name, but only her first name since she still wasn't sure whether to use "Mitera" or "Hunter" as her last name. The next question was how did the injury/wound/sickness occur.

Willow decided to say car accident, because it was the most reasonable idea that came to mind. The rest was quite easy, Patients name, (Apricot-Fox and Crystal-Human) And her age, which she put as 13, because that was the most believable depending on her appearance. Last question was how serious that the form filler would rate the illness/injury. Willow put a straight on 10. She wrote all this down on the floor, her chin on the clipboard to keep it steady and her good-hand to write with. The people behind her looked at her like she was stupid. She shakily rose from her awkward position and handed the clipboard to the clerk.

"Thanks there luv, if you could take a seat thanks-" He looked at the form "-Willow"

"Oh but if you could see the state of my friends here, they really need immediate attention"

"Sorray, luv but the rule ar rules. Gotta stick to em, ya know wat I mean?"

"MY FRIENDS ARE ABOUT TO DIE HERE! THEY NEED A DOCTOR NOW OR THEY. WILL. DIE. YOU HEAR ME! YOU WILL HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS!"

Willows anger sparked something inside of her, making her hair rize and sparks to fly out of the sides of her eyes. She clenched her fists and floated of the ground slightly, looking at the clerk like he was about to be crushed and killed.

By her.

"Ri' this way, luv"

Willow glared at him.

"Ma-am"

"Better, thank you," Willow said, pleased with herself. They walked down a hall, like most clinics have, blue carpet, white walls and translucent foggy glass windows down to a room that said:

201-Dr Brakke 

On the door plate. They walked inside and one look at his patients, Dr Brakke got to work. He put Crystal down onto the bed and had her immediate surgery, for what felt like hours. Then the "Ambo's" arrived to take her to the "Big city hospital- and vet" As the clerk called it (Whose name Willow found out is Mike) so that Crystal can get some proper surgery, and so can Apricot. The flashing red and blue lights seemed so familiar now that Willow had seen them again, as she walked outside onto the rubble and dirt, where crystal was being loaded onto the Ambulance. Apricot lay safe and sound in one of the cabinets, which now looked rather comfy now that it was full of pillows and blankets, and a chew toy shaped as a doll, for Apricot's apparent amusement.

"Oh, Mike? Doctor Brakke?" Willow called as they turned around to face her on their way on inside. "Thank you so much" She shouted. Dr Brakke and Mike smiled and walked away.

Willow, one armed, hoisted herself into the ambulance and curled up next to Apricot as they drove away from the rolling hills. The doctor in the ambulance had her answer a series of questions, much the same to the ones on the form, all answered exactly the same as Willow had written down. She looked out the window to the small city ahead. Its street lights flickered giving the city a wondrous glow.

She checked her watch to find out how much time since she found the escape room.

9:14 PM

Willow had been at her peak in this painful journey for 5 hours now. And it hurt. She was hungry, and tired, and thirsty and wounded. But Crystal matters more.

Crystal has the answers.

Hold on Crystal. We'll be out soon.